Pixma 4500 strange problem

pinakas

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi,

I used for a long time my pixma 4500 with original inks. I had no problem.

The last two weeks I had a strange problem:

I always print our catalogs with two pages per sheet.
The last days the printer does not print the right side of each page.
You can see the attached image to understand.

This occurs when i give order to print 20 pages and 2 page per sheet.
The first page is ok, the next pages have problems on the right edges
If I print print page by page the problem seldom occurs.

I tried all the cleanings (deep cleaning etc, I change the cartridges) but the problem still there.
The missing color is always on the same place.
Have you ever seen such problem ?

Please check the images:
http://rapidshare.com/files/162122590/P1010114.JPG

http://rapidshare.com/files/162122769/P1010115.JPG

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
No offence but rapidshare is a pain in the a** to get the files from because they deliberately mess with the captcha system to force you to bork it 5 times or so. So I can't see the pictures you're posting.

If you can email them through to info @ (my store domain below) I'll take a look and see if I can provide some feedback.

pinakas

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
websnail said:
No offence but rapidshare is a pain in the a** to get the files from because they deliberately mess with the captcha system to force you to bork it 5 times or so. So I can't see the pictures you're posting.

If you can email them through to info @ (my store domain below) I'll take a look and see if I can provide some feedback.
Thank you, I did send you email !!

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
pinakas said:
websnail said:

Thank you, I did send you email !!
You did? I haven't received it for some reason.

info @ octoink .co .uk ??

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
pinakas, I can't understand the problem from the images. But the problem you are describing (first page comes out OK but the others have problems) is typical of a cartridge that fails to feed the correct amount of ink to the printhead. Replace the problematic cartridge with a new (preferably original) one and either purge or throw away the old cartridge.

pinakas

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
panos said:
pinakas, I can't understand the problem from the images. But the problem you are describing (first page comes out OK but the others have problems) is typical of a cartridge that fails to feed the correct amount of ink to the printhead. Replace the problematic cartridge with a new (preferably original) one and either purge or throw away the old cartridge.
Hi Panos,

I circled where the problem is. It is mainly on the right bottom of each sheet

http://rs481tg2.rapidshare.com/files/162793206/P10101155.jpg

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
websnail said:
I second Websnail's comment. When I see Rapidshare, I immediately stop trying to download. This forum has an easy, free upload procedure that will make your images visible to many more prople, and might get more responses.

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
Yes, I think it's an ink feeding issue, but I just can't figure which color is drained. It would be best if you scanned the image instead of taking a low quality photo and uploaded it on imageshack which takes seconds and no login to upload. Websnail & Grandad are very experienced members and their advice will be better so do take these steps.

pinakas

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score

Hi panos,
Unfortunately no scanner :(

Today i changed the photo black with the a Canon cartidge.
I thought that the problem was solved but again the same (The problem is always on the same place)

I upload a closer photo on imageshacks.us

Take a look

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Ok... I think your problem is probably complicated by a number of factors... so a few things to think about and/or try.

1. Air bubbles... It's highly likely that the out port on your cartridge has become "polluted" with a lot of air bubbles which are blocking the flow of ink and/or feeding into the printhead, which in turn creates further problems.

2. You haven't included a copy of the intended image you were trying to print so it's hard to figure out what is actually wrong so if you could add a copy of the picture you're trying to actually print that would help enormously.

3. You don't actually clarify whether you're using OEM, refilled, 3rd party filled of even a CIS with your printer so again this information would help...