Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Strange but true - I have been stalking a big ugly spider for past week trying to get a shot of him as a riposte to Emulator's excellent picture. No hope for the web as lighting and position is bad.

Damned spider is smarter than I am. I spend 20 minutes setting up in a precarious life threatening position, and then he up and runs into his hidey-hole for the rest of the day. This has been going on for over a week now.

Maybe I will try and lure him out with a display of my suggestive elbows.

rs

Roy try flash assisted. I was about 15 feet away from the web with the 70-200mm lens on 200mm f4, aperture priority, ISO about 800, hand held. As I said I should have used about f7.1 I guess. You don't need the spider only the web and some dew!:)

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
Roy try flash assisted. I was about 15 feet away from the web with the 70-200mm lens on 200mm f4, aperture priority, ISO about 800, hand held. As I said I should have used about f7.1 I guess. You don't need the spider only the web and some dew!:)

Still trying for the spider. His web is a disgrace and not worth the effort. So far epic fail. Location is difficult. Lighting not good with constant wind blowing. Spider is skittish so can't get good angle or composition. Every time I move flash or reflector or tripod he scurries to new, even more difficult location. Posted image was last attempt this evening.

Got so frustrated yesterday that I went down to the local oyster beds and photographed the local fishermen tending their oysters. Was more satisfying.

rs EOS 7D Mark II(0071).jpg
Three oystermen tending beds.jpg

rs

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Still trying for the spider. His web is a disgrace and not worth the effort. So far epic fail. Location is difficult. Lighting not good with constant wind blowing. Spider is skittish so can't get good angle or composition. Every time I move flash or reflector or tripod he scurries to new, even more difficult location. Posted image was last attempt this evening.

Got so frustrated yesterday that I went down to the local oyster beds and photographed the local fishermen tending their oysters. Was more satisfying.

rsView attachment 3360 View attachment 3361

rs
fine picture of the fishermen!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Roy Sletcher, Nice try with the Wiley old spider, but I reckon you should give up on this guy, I mean just look at the state of his web, if he’s having that much difficulty with the web then he’ll hardly see any joy in posing for the POW.

If I were you I would check your stash of booze in the shed because with spiders it’s hard to tell when there're pissed, after all you can’t say they don’t have a leg to stand on, at lest the fishermen obliged, nice one..;)

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
It might be beneficial if the front page POW had a button which takes you straight to the full size image? Many POWs fail to display well at the reduced size.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
It might be beneficial if the front page POW had a button which takes you straight to the full size image? Many POWs fail to display well at the reduced size.
I made a similar suggestion here.

Here is the small image:
2015-09-22.jpg

Click here to see the image full size.

It looks like it can be done. You just need to link the proper image to the "Click here to see the image full size" text.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Fine Peter it works well. But I had added a "like" to your post and when I clicked on the button, sure enough I got the enlarged image. When I clicked the return arrow, top left, it returned here, but your "like" had disappeared! So I added another.:)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Same thing happened to me today but I didn’t noticed it till @Emulator brought it this evening, I’ve had to add another like. :)

Strange ? :eek: