Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions

Support

Print Addict
Staff member
Reaction score
We've got an exciting new system and process for our Picture Of The Week (POW), so we need your submissions!!!

Your Submissions MUST:
  • Be an image you took & own the rights to
  • Be a sharp, clean, picture that's at least 800 pixels wide
  • Include a short sentence about your picture, e.g., "Amazing Arizona Sunset taken with my Canon - EOS Rebel T7i DSLR:
  • We prefer "landscape" (sideways) photos, but we'll accept really awesome"portrait"(tall) pictures... we just may need to crop them
Submit your POW by simply replying to this thread and attaching an image :)

We don't have a strict process or time-frame for how/when the POWs are posted, but in general they will be posted to the homepage weekly, and clicking on the POW will bring you to the post within this thread where the image was submitted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Support

Print Addict
Staff member
Reaction score
@turbguy Congratulations on being randomly chosen as our first ever POW donor ;)

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Could the cropped/resized image be made to behave like a thumbnail? Then clicking the image could open it full size in a new tab. I think the photos deserve it, if this is possible.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I reckon if nobody submits their photos then there will be no POW to pick from, so far there seems little interest in this great idea, surely you guys have some hidden photos you’ve gotten about that would look great on our Homepage.

So how about it, to all our creative people who love taking photos to send in a few samples of your workshop, den or print setup or even the back end of your latest dismantled printer, Anything !

I fear this may end up being Photo of the Months from lack of interest if we don’t take it seriously enough to participate in, so come guys get the tripod out and start clicking.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Could the cropped/resized image be made to behave like a thumbnail? Then clicking the image could open it full size in a new tab. I think the photos deserve it, if this is possible.

It's definitely on our todo list, but I worry we may need to completely rewrite the system to do that. I'll play around with it a bit and return and report!

reckon if nobody submits their photos then there will be no POW to pick from

Ugh, that better not happen... but if for some reason it does, we'll just start pulling images from the depths of the forum. :)

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
I considered taking a few snaps of my old Epson LQ100 dot matrix for a giggle but im holding out for a sound of the week competition and beating all the kids who think some models of modern inkjets and lasers are loud in use. :D