Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Buford can still make DOW of the week, he has a certain playful look about him.
But I think @stratman’s WOW all dough very charming would be given the elbow..:hu

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
But I think @stratman’s WOW all dough very charming would be given the elbow..:hu
While I might praise that elbow, Buford gets the nod from me as well.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Hey guys, a quick note that I edited out that pic in @stratman's post.

I don't really have a personal issue with the image, and I'm not trying to run a site full of prudes, but Google has made it VERY clear that they have zero tolerance for anything even remotely suggestive. In fact, a bunch of my fellow forum-owner friends and I have been discussing Google's hypocritical policy for a while. For example, they allow advertisers to have almost naked women in their ads (e.g., for online games, etc.) but the minute a website has a girl with a little skin, implied skin, etc., they start sending out scary warnings and even sometimes outright ban accounts from their AdSense advertising program, which we are on and what allows us to keep the site free.

Google has very specific guidelines for web publishers that user their service so they can guarantee to their advertisers that their ads are not showing next to and/or around any content they may feel is "inappropriate". More details here: https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/1348688?hl=en

They even have a video about it:

So, after a bit of thought, we've decided we needed to remove the image.

Again, sorry we had to do this... but Google is the 800 lb gorilla and we are somewhat forced to be their friend if we want to play in their playground (which they basically own, operate, and manage).

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Thanks!

I associate with a lot of other big forum owners and it's been so crazy to see some of the content that Google flags as "inappropriate". We're wondering if it's automated algorithms that are finding / flagging the content, manual / people doing it, or some combo.

So, on all the sites I own/manage, I just err on the side of caution and try to keep things as PG as possible. I figure it keeps Google happy and has the side benefit of keeping the sites available to the widest group of potential visitors.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Are elbows seen as an offensive or a defensive weapon. ? :eek:
Google would be useless in a queue, because they don’t like big elbows…:lol: :lol:

Last edited: