Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Crikey!:) An out of body experience.

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
I thought it rather Red Dwarf (ish) myself, portrays more of the Dark Side of printing:rolleyes:........the image is intended as an allegory and I had a heap of fun setting it all up cartooning it was an afterthought whilst I slaved away splitting half a ton of wood for heating this arvo (afternoon).

Took me ages layer after layer, hours it took........'corse I coulda just tossed it into FX and selected cartoon, but that would have been lazy of me......:hide

Quote: never let the truth get in the way of a good story!

:cool:

Last edited:

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
I thought it rather Red Dwarf (ish) myself, portrays more of the Dark Side of printing:rolleyes:........the image is intended as an allegory and I had a heap of fun setting it all up cartooning it was an afterthought whilst I slaved away splitting half a ton of wood for heating this arvo (afternoon).

Took me ages layer after layer, hours it took........'corse I coulda just tossed to into FX and selected cartoon, but that would have been lazy of me......:hide

Quote: never let the truth get in the way of a good story!

:cool:

Andrew!

Loved the picture and the treatment

For me it illustrated the angst of the printmaker after a long session, surrounded by the many "close" but not quite "good enough" results.

As for your mention of Leonard Cohen. I recall walking into the local CD store (Remember them) on the day of the release of his then new album "The future", where the following surreal conversation took place. Me,"I've come to buy the future". Shop assistant, "Sorry the future won't be here until next week."

Oh well, nostalgia ain't what it used to be!

RS
Rambling again

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Andrew!

Loved the picture and the treatment

For me it illustrated the angst of the printmaker after a long session, surrounded by the many "close" but not quite "good enough" results.

As for your mention of Leonard Cohen. I recall walking into the local CD store (Remember them) on the day of the release of his then new album "The future", where the following surreal conversation took place. Me,"I've come to buy the future". Shop assistant, "Sorry the future won't be here until next week."

Oh well, nostalgia ain't what it used to be!

RS
Rambling again

Rambling is good! its HISTORY and that is humanities lifes blood, so for some more rambling.

That picture was inspired by Sisters of Mercy on his first Album, I'm not sure why but as I worked on it the words and melody came to mind.

I'm a Cohen tragic and saw him live in Melbourne a couple of years ago.
I sat entranced from the get go, never have I imagined that an Artist could sound BETTER live than in recording. He was onstage from 8:30 till near midnight with but a short break.
When he spoke/sang some of his songs I was so moved that my throat and chest squeezed too hard and the emotion brought tears of joy and celebration. The people beside me either side were so moved too, so it was a joyful experience rather than embarrassing.

Thus your reportage of the conversation at the Store could only be drawn from a persons mind, if they had Cohen thoughts as the prompter in the first place.
Almost a lyric line!! :gig

Glad you like the picture, thanks, from you appreciated.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Gees @3dogs, a Poet, a sentimental Music lover, a Photographer a Cartoonist and creator of unusual works and a wood cutter, well it’s a good job the wife feeds the horses otherwise they’d probably starve, this man has many strings to his big bow.

I reckon we may have next weeks POW..

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Andrew, I think posts #44 and #50 and their description deserve a thread of their own, rather than be lost amongst other posts. They are works of photo art and take time to be appreciated. I suggest you post them a second time in a new thread so they can be seen full page.

Last edited:

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Gees @3dogs, a Poet, a sentimental Music lover, a Photographer a Cartoonist and creator of unusual works and a wood cutter, well it’s a good jog the wife feeds the horses otherwise they’d probably starve, this man has many strings to his big bow.

I reckon we may have next weeks POW..

Thank you for your words, without my wife/partner I would still be a drunk, directionless, and bent on self destruction, she splits and carts as much wood as I do, she inspires me to do better, and sets her own benchmarks that have drawn me along - I owe her more than EVER I will be able to repay....and that IS a FACT.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
That’s odd 3dogs, because I reckon I am married to her sister. Ditto..:thumbsup

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
@Emulator

Andrew, I think posts #44 and #50 and their description deserve a thread of their own, rather than be lost amongst other posts. They are works of photo art and take time to be appreciated. I suggest you post them a second time in a new thread so they can be seen full page.

REALLY nice words thanks, not sure that would be allowed, or justified, but thanks a lot for the feedback - appreciated.