Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Here's a recent one. Using a old Minolta DiMage 7 (5 MP), with a IR720 filter, and a multi-shot HDR combination. This cam was manufactured with a very weak IR cut filter, so the auto-focus and EVF still work, even looking through a filter so dark you can't see through it...but the camera does!

Laramie Couds Infrared.jpg

Looking north from my home...

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Everything Else is the easiest, I should include a copy of post#71 onwards, if @turbguy has no objection. What the title should be I don't know!:)

"How good is your B&W printing, in colour mode?" Turbguy's image is an excellent test image for the purpose.

Last edited:

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Everything Else is the easiest, I should include a copy of post#71 onwards, if @turbguy has no objection. What the title should be I don't know!:)

"How good is your B&W printing, in colour mode?" Turbguy's image is an excellent test image for the purpose.
No problem! Test away!

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
@The Hat I think you should put the original of @turguy 's image here as well, he was submitting it as a POW, or perhaps it is easier for turbguy to insert it again.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
You are getting quite good with the controls old man!:)

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Brian you seemed determined to extract an image from us, so to save you more pain, here is an offering, freshly grown:-

PKimage-5.jpg

deccma

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma pro 100
I was going to submit a photo here that looked good until I re-sized it to the 250 pixels required width. It was then unworthy of submission it looked like crap. So I tried another photo with the same results. Anybody with advice on how to re-size a jpeg photo and have it remain decent at 72PPi. I must be missing something or the size restriction is too stringent. Inputs would be appreciated. I have attached a jpeg photo 72 ppi

Attachments

• Green Heron Fishing.jpg
    Green Heron Fishing.jpg
    339.3 KB · Views: 515

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
I was going to submit a photo here that looked good until I re-sized it to the 250 pixels required width. It was then unworthy of submission it looked like crap. So I tried another photo with the same results. Anybody with advice on how to re-size a jpeg photo and have it remain decent at 72PPi. I must be missing something or the size restriction is too stringent. Inputs would be appreciated. I have attached a jpeg photo 72 ppi
green-heron-fishing-jpg.3075

Like that?