Piano Book by Leonard John

RMM

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Trial and error I suppose. In our case we happen to have this fabulous resource at our disposal.

Blackout

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
So if you use a ink that is not as great on the Artisan 810.... you can switch and the not so great ink usually wont damage the heads?

RMM

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Well... In my two hps which have a fixed printhead like your epson I have used two different brands of cheap chinese ink over the past two years in high volume (more than a pint of each color) and it at times has been a headache. First off... The clogging. I have experienced bad clogs in multiple colors in both printers, sometimes taking up to a week with effort twice a day to unclog. This is a hassle and very messy. Secondly, the print quality is not great with these inks. They are ok for printing out lots of stuff I'm going to use then throw away quickly such as powerpoint slides in color but for nice looking documents and photos (especially photos!) These inks are not as good as the good aftermarket ones! The colors are off and the photos fade at an alarming rate.

For most people it's not worth it to use bad ink. Period. The only reason I'm still using it is because I bought a gallon of each color and am using it up on stuff I don't care about. When I want nice output I use nice ink. the clogging issues alone are enough to steer clear of unknown ink.

The quality aftermarket inks although more expensive than the super cheap ones are still SIGNIFICANTLY (~10% of cost) of the OEM inks.