Piano Book by Leonard John

annel

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 710, Canon PRO 100
I have had my Piano Book CISS Unit which I purchased from Leonard John (LJH Ent.) hooked up for two weeks now. It is for the Artisan 710. Leonard was very helpful before, after and during my purchase - always responding to my e-mails promptly and thoroughly. The unit arrived quickly and in perfect condition. I hired an 8th grade geek from my church to help me with the install because I was a little nervous about it. He brought the You Tube video that Leonard made of the install with him on his IPOD and had no problems installing the system. It printed perfectly the first time. I have been printing ALOT ever since and have had ZERO problems. The ink is fantastic - my prints are beautiful....crisp, clear, wonderful color. I have refilled the tanks about three times so far with the refill bottles I bought from Leonard at the same time as the unit. You get a rebate when you do that. It is super easy to refill and I have had no problems whatsoever. Just take the cap off, pour the ink in, put the cap back on. The foil on the bottles was a little hard to get off on a couple of the bottles - that's about the biggest problem I had. When the printer says the ink is empty I turn the printer off and wait about two minutes. When I turn it back on the cartridge registers as full. I am so grateful to finally have found an answer to the criminal prices that the printer giants are charging for their inks. They deceive people by selling their printers for nothing and then charging so much for ink that most people go broke trying to print just their family photos. Thankfully there are people who are finding a way to help the consumer and I highly recommend this system. I did ALOT of research beforehand because I am on a very limited budget and was afraid of investing in something that wouldn't work. I had tried generic carts from several other companies on my Canon printers in the past with miserable outcomes. But persistence has paid off and I am really grateful. Highly Recommend LJHEnt.com

Leonardjohn

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
To many to list
Thank you, for your kind words.

I like the part about the 8th grader and the iPod....

LJH

Blackout

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
LJ,

I wrote you on yourwebsite about this but there are MANY retailers selling what looks to be your system at a much reduced cost, and they are also using your name "piano book" so what's going on? Do you ONLY sell your system through your website? Why $129 versus the $45 on amazon and ebay... and why are you not suing these companies if they are using your products brand name, box, casing, everything looked the same. A girlfriend of mine bought a $45 "piano book" and it happy with it and thinks it's the real deal.

I would have never known had I not done some deep research to figure out the price discrepancies and contacted you. Can you explain exactly what is going on here?

The ads don't say Piano Book clone or like, they say piano book patened cis system, just like yours, and look just like yours.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
If you follow this thread, the first one LeonardJohn posted on, you will see that he did some reasearch with the help of others on this forum to evaluate existing printer and CIS products to find the best match and he concluded that the Piano Book was the best one. Then he reposted his last post from that thread here where he mentioned that he turned a hobby into a job and became a distributor. It is my understanding that he has become an integrator and sells a complete package of printer, CIS, and inks already installed and ready to go so if you want to do it yourself, you can get it a little cheaper elsewhere. He even will deliver the package in the Los Angeles area and set it up for free according to this post.

I'm sure LeonardJohn will correct anything I may have gotten wrong.

Leonardjohn

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
To many to list
Thank you ghwellsjr, good explanation.

That post is correct, we are are a graphic arts house first, we use continuous ink systems in our business and offer them to our customers.

We install and build custom ciss, check out the video on the r2880 on the website's FAQ section.

We prep and modify the piano book for customers. Others may still sell the piano book but they will not have the same ink, chips and customer service.

In fact we will be offering a different tank styles in some printer models.

LJH

Blackout

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Ahhhh ok. This makes more sense now. So you are not the 'inventor' of it but a USA custom reseller who is a graphic artist who has a lot of experience on the matter and sets it up a specific custom way and you are saying your ink is better ink. So I assume the actual 'piano book' is an imported product.

Ok well at least that settles the confusion. I unfortunately am all the way in NYC so to have you set up my printer that I already bought is impracticable, but thanks for the prompt response and explanation.

I noticed that the ink on your website has an actual epson label on it. I am referring specifically to this picture:

http://ljhent.com/ink/files/pl_1_thumbnail_1.png

Is that actual claria epson ink? Or some combination of your own? Can you get in trouble for having the epson logo on it or does it somewhere say (compatible) that I am not seeing.

What is the advantage of the ink you sell, and how well does the 710 print heads handle different ink formulation changes? I am saying this because my girlfriend already received and installed a piano book system and all seems well, but I have no idea of the fade and lifetime quality of the ink....

I also am juuuust about running out of the ink that came with my 710... and I have a clone set of carts here that are off brand... I am a little scared to use them.. they were only $15 for all 6 carts of ink rather than Epson's insane $70.

If I use them and the ink quality is not good... when I go back to epson ink or your piano book... will the quality return.. do the heads get damaged.. is it something that just a few head clans will fix.. ect?

Thanks for all the help and clarification.. this world of cis and off label carts is new to me but for the amount of DVD and blu-ray printing I am going to be doing on high quality hubless glossy aquajet verbatim discs I need cheaper priced ink. he quality of the print to premium dvd is outstanding.

- Blackout

Leonardjohn

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
To many to list
Hi Blackout

Our ink is a "non" OEM formula.

Our ink labels are merely for reference, different font and graphic. This is so our customers can match ink to the right CISS or cartridges.

These are the things I look for in our third party ink solutions

1. Easy of use
2. Great results
3. Price, 95% savings
4. OEM ink compatibility
6. No printhead damage
7 No leaking, and reliable arc

That is what brings us to forums like this.

Thank you
LJH

Blackout

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
IS there anything really special about the oem formula that is lacking in non oem formulas? Resolution... color.. smearing.. saturation... life.. fading... archival quality....

Meaning are they charging that high because they really have some expensive ink formula or is it a blatant ripoff corner the market with our inks...

RMM

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
There is a big difference in color matching, clogging, and fading between poor aftermarket inks and good aftermarket inks. Now that I've used the reputable stuff, I wouldn't go back to the cheap no-name eBay stuff, especially if I didn't want to deal with clogs and poor color matching anymore.

Blackout

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Yes but how does one know? WHO is making good inks and HOW can they possibly profit in this tiny niche market?
Most people don't even know about this.