Photoshop CS4 Printer Profile Setting..

SpartanWarrior

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Hi i just received my Photo Paper from here http://www.freephotopaper.com/inkjet_papers.htm and i ordered the Pro Gloss, anyway i tried Printing through PS CS4 and i don't know which Printer Profile to use as i went through 5 A4 sheets already with the colors not looking good so i had to throw them away, my printer is a Canon iP4500 and i tried using the profile SP2, PR1, and the Adobe 1998 with no luck, also when i used the canon papers it would print nicely using the canon paper profiles for the paper used, i am sure people in here have used this paper or other kinds so i need some help i would really appreciate it thanks;)

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Spartanwarrior,

ask the manufacturer if they have any proprietary profiles for there paper for your specific printer. If not: you can have special apropriate profiles for your paper/printer/ink combination to have optimal results.

SpartanWarrior

Printer Guru
Reaction score
pharmacist said:
Spartanwarrior,

ask the manufacturer if they have any proprietary profiles for there paper for your specific printer. If not: you can have special apropriate profiles for your paper/printer/ink combination to have optimal results.
I did ask but they do not, he just told me to use these settings in Photoshop CS4 Print dialog, color handling no color management, then click on print and choose either photo paper pro or photo paper glossy, and i got a good print,, but i also tried let photoshop manage colors, printer profile SP2, relative colorimetric, and ticked black point compensation, and i made sure i disabled color management in the printer profile i got a good print but the colors were darker than choosing no color management, you think maybe i need to get my monitor calibrated? also where can i get that special profile you mentioned? thanks;)