1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: A Real Cool Upgrade to Improve your 3D Printing...
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Photos are always too RED

Discussion in 'Epson InkJet Printers' started by Davehuge, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Oct 8, 2018
    Davehuge

Davehuge Newbie to Printing

Printer Model:
    Epson SX215
    I found this page...but I'm not sure where to go to reduce RED (or is it Magenta)...

Any Epson experts out there?

Thanks, Dave.

CM.JPG

2. Oct 8, 2018
    stratman

stratman Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon MP830, Pencil
    See my post #9.

You are changing at least one variable - ink. Images on Plain Paper are prone to color shift regardless of ink used. Since you are changing variables (ink) then for best color reproduction you need to use a custom printer ICC profile. You can buy the equipment to make your own (Google "Colormunki") or you can purchase one from someone (others on the forum will need to advise you on this).

Possible workarounds are trying PeterBJ's link instructions, use a different ink set including return to OEM ink, use a different paper. I would try PeterBJ's instructions as it is free to try and may work sufficiently.

3. Oct 8, 2018
    stratman

stratman Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon MP830, Pencil
    Did you look at it to see if it has controls/sliders to alter the Cyan, Magenta and Yellow? Looking will not change anything, unless you change something.

The worst thing that could happen is you get lost and need to uninstall and reinstall the printer.

4. Oct 8, 2018
    Ink stained Fingers

Ink stained Fingers Printer Master

Printer Model:
    L310, L382, L800, Pro 7600
    I tried to install the S'X215 driver on my computer but it does not let me - probably missing the printer.
    When you start printing you should be able to call up the driver for this printer to do adjustments there - paper format and type - quality, there should be a tab with extended/additional settings like color/image manipulation, gamma, color space , edge smoothing and such. You should have options like photo enhance, color adjustments, contrast, brightness, and these color adjustments should let you adjust/reduce the amount of magenta in your image, this is the starting point.
    You may have access to the user manual, downloadable here.
    https://www.epson.co.uk/products/printers/inkjet-printers/for-home/epson-stylus-sx215#manuals
    The driver gives you options here - Color - Mode - Automatic or advanced which you can select. From there you should find color adjustments. The manual does not appear to present all driver options in details enough
    SX215.jpg

PeterBJ likes this.
  5. Oct 8, 2018
    Ink stained Fingers

Ink stained Fingers Printer Master

Printer Model:
    L310, L382, L800, Pro 7600
    I got an Epson SX210 series driver installed on a Win7 computer, these are the driver options, there is an advanced options tab which let you get to the color adjustments.
    You would need to run some tests with reduced magenta to see whether you can get the cast on the grayscale images reduced/eliminated.

SX215.jpg

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    PeterBJ, stratman and The Hat like this.
  6. Oct 10, 2018
    bhill

bhill Getting Fingers Dirty

Printer Model:
    Canon PIXMA PRO-100
    A couple of questions:
    1) Does this happen in all apps?
    2) What is controlling the color/profile? The App or the printer? Make sure only one is.

For example, in Lightroom, I select the paper profile in proofing and the print module, and turn off the color management in the printer driver. Odd things can happen when both the app and the driver try to manage the color.

The Hat likes this.
  7. Oct 10, 2018
    Koral

Koral Printing Apprentice

Printer Model:
    Epson 11880
    Check your color space. Often in the Espon printer dialogue boxes they have a choice between Epson Vivid and Adobe RGB. Adobe RGB tends to print very hot, with an overall red shift, especially if that is also the embedded color profile of the image file. If you switch to Espson Vivid, this may solve the problem.

The Hat likes this.
  8. Oct 11, 2018
    AlienSteve

AlienSteve Getting Fingers Dirty

Printer Model:
    HP, Canon, Epson
    I had a problem like this. Color shift when printing photos. No amount of color correction to the image fixed it.

It has been many years so I don't recall exact details except I was using a different brand of paper than the printer. It was a mismatch between the paper type and the paper type selected in the driver. Not all glossy photo papers are the same. I ended up selecting a different paper type in the driver, and then the colors were perfect.

PeterBJ likes this.