PGBK dead after B200 error

dadasalam

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
i can say i am the most professional on canon inkjet
B200 is Dead Head
It occurs mostly using ciss and not good ink or head life has ended printed more than 20K
when the b200 occur maybe you can run the printer but after 200 print it will shows again and not solve till buy new print head
i prefer the 4950
7240 head mechanism is some how that PGBK nozzle break too early
also 4950 has more speed of cd/dvd printing and more speed of monochrome printing using PGBK

Good luck

John B print

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ip4950
I do have the old printhead, but it had exactly the came effects as the new one now has. I have just sent an email to CRC-Tasktron to see if anyone in the company can throw some light on the problem. I know I can't return the printhead once used, as per their T&Cs. The machine is nearly three years old and everything else is fine.
John.

John B print

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ip4950
Further to my previous message, I have NOT had any error messages or flashing lights. According to the end of the nozzle check page, it has printed just over 6000 sheets.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@John B print, first off don’t print another sheet till you can resolve this problem first, (Nozzle checks permitted)

The most lightly cause of you magenta disappearing like that is probably your magenta cartridge.

Your printer is always meant to print all of your colours and when it doesn’t then something is terribly wrong, and it can be fatal to your new print head to continue to print when you have such a serious issue.

Can you tell us more about your printer ? Which cartridges are you using, OEM or aftermarket, are you refilling or just buying cartridges when you need them.

Let’s hope you have not done any damage to the print head, and you have stopped printing in time, so can you beg, borrow or buy a replacement magenta cartridge to see if that cures your problem first.

When you fit a replacement cartridge one that you know will have no issues with ink flow then run a normal head clean and then print a nozzle check and can you post the results on here so we can see the results please.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Hi Peter,

There is another way to try clear the EPROM chip and reset it back to Factory default but not many have done so because it requires taking the top cover off the printer to have a go.

Shinning a UV light source on the chip for a couple of seconds is said to be able to reset it back, this has been done successfully on computer mother boards but I haven’t heard it done to a printer logic board yet, so I’d recommend caution.

This works obviously if chip has transparent glass window, haven't seen those in years now.

dadasalam

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Unfotunately canon Use heat technology in it head
when the ink run out the nozzles will be overheat and there is no ink to cooldown so you must say babye
i had more than 8 canon ip4700 and more than 12 pcs canon 4840
i have lots of experience working with them

maybe you can solve the problem for short while . but it is temporary . we say that the nozzles is half-burned .
ok take advice from other professionals in this forum

i hope to get your head back in the Live forever ;)

John B print

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ip4950
The fault also occurred with a brand new printhead and full cartridges, so it couldn't, or at least shouldn't, have burnt out.

I shall ask what I've put on a new Epson thread - rpeated below-

Following the demise of my Canon ip4950, I am now considering buying an Epson XP-620 due to it having better facilities. I video local drama shows and record audio concerts. I then print labels on printable DVDs and CDs. I use Nero Cover Designer and have lots of Nero files that work well on the Canon and will need to print labels for future productions, but I cannot find whether the Epson can use the Nero files.

Is it therefore possible to print Nero DVD disc files on the Epson and if so, what are the Nero settings to do so?

Any help would be appreciated please.

dadasalam

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
so if you have the same problem i mean B200 with new printhead so the problem is from the power supply of your printer.
epson is so so so so so so so die hard.
canon offers more speed.
epson offers really more life .
i dont believe the nero for labeling goto surething labler or acoustica label maker