PG-40 Ink refill for Pixma MP160 - question(s)

magicpix

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Headphonesman,

I managed to solve it. Just put in a paper feeder and it goes through. No more error message E and 2 flashing alternately.

But there is no message to say that the ink monitor has been disabled. Shouldn't some sort of message appear to say ink monitor is diabled?

The dialougue for it appeared it says the following ;

"Printer is online.
Ink is running low. View the ink details".

With such message above, would I be able to refill and continue using the ink cartridge or should I expect the cartridge to be diabled soon by the inbuilt chip.

Thanks.

headphonesman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
magicpix said:
Headphonesman,

I did as suggested (by pressing button 8 with document cover closed). Now printer LED flashes E and 2 alternately. the orange light appears beside Alarm, Black Ink and Color Ink. What do I do now?
according to the MP150 on screen manual error codes:

E, 2
Reload the paper correctly and press [Black] or [Color].

(orange light flashing will continue as it (as long as you have "old, "empty" carts in) each time you call for a print
They will go to sleep in between times)

headphonesman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
magicpix said:
Headphonesman,

I managed to solve it. Just put in a paper feeder and it goes through. No more error message E and 2 flashing alternately.

But there is no message to say that the ink monitor has been disabled. Shouldn't some sort of message appear to say ink monitor is diabled?

The dialougue for it appeared it says the following ;

"Printer is online.
Ink is running low. View the ink details".

With such message above, would I be able to refill and continue using the ink cartridge or should I expect the cartridge to be diabled soon by the inbuilt chip.

Thanks.
sorry have just seen the above message, you did exactly the right thing as you can see. The reason that you do not have a "disabled ink monitor" message is that it isnt ........yet . It will be eventually and you will then get a message that the ink is "Out" and will then show you the action to take if you want to overide/disable the monitor.(look at the instruction carefully when it appears).

Please note the orange lights will be present each time you call for a print whilst you are running with "expired" carts and therefore a disabled Ink Monitor.

The cart will not be disabled, the Ink Monitor facility will, after you have elected to do it .It will be re-instated if you insert new Canon carts.
Yes you will be able to refill and run for a very long time with the Ink monitor disabled.Do not wait for the carts to run dry before you refill. Top up on a frequent basis, and the cart (with its integral printhead) could last a year or more..