Paper Reccomendation for Printing Books

lordpain

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am planning to publish my own portfolio (photographs and graphics) book by printing and binding it at home. Do you guys have any recommendation of the papers that I can use? I am looking at definately a double sided matte paper, that is probably slightly thick to give a more expensive feel. I would reckon 150-170gsm thereabouts. I have tried using Canon Matte Paper Pro, it has really the texture and the feel I want, but its abit too expensive (as I am printing alot of pages) and it is single sided. Does anyone has any recommendations? Just to let you guys know, I am not particular about the brand, so keep your stuff coming!

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
If you like the inkjet matte paper for this job check out the Staples Photo Supreme double sided matte paper. Be sure it is their photo supreme. Sometimes on sale two for one and I did hit a $2 per pack sale once and loaded up with a dozen packs. I use this paper for greeting cards.

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Fotofreek is 100% correct. The Staple's Photo Supreme is superb heavyweight 2-sided, acid-free matte paper. It is really stiff and heavyweight, though..230g. they have a very similar paper called "brochure and flyer paper" which is just as good, but weighs 170g.

I have used both papers....both are superb, especially for the price.

lordpain

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi guys, thanks for the really prompt reply. I am located in Singapore, any idea how can I get this paper? Or are there other brands like Ilford that I can look at? Fotofreek, is it possible for you to help me get them and mail it to me? I can transfer funds via paypal.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Lordpain,

very good and also relative cheap is Tetenal dual print high resolution paper: semi-matte and quite thick with a soft shine on it.