P900 Premium glosssy paper not enough patches or fake Epson ink?

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
I don't like Chromix Colorthink and don't use it, your display just shows one level of luminance. I'm rather using the old MonacoGamutWorks software for it and would like to compare your profiles with mine I made longer time ago for some pigment ink printers.

Why the Chromix is bad?
PM me your email I will send you the profiles.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I'm having a look to your profile and compare it to the Epson profile - yes, they are somewhat different
This is the cut through the gamut volume at a low - pretty dark luminance of L=11

L11 Epson.jpg

the yellow line belongs to the Epson profile , the green line to your profile - it is somewhat smaller which may explain that dark blue colors cannot be printed that well.

A look at L=50 reveals this

L50 Epson.jpg

The Epson profile here is as well slightly larger than the profile created with i1Profiler, these differences vary with the luminance value.

I have created various profiles for the P400 in the past and worked together with a friend on P800 profiles and can say that I have seen similar variances between Epson genuine and self made profiles - in both directions - Epson profiles larger or smaller than self made profiles , but not always as large as in this case. I don't have the tools to analyze if Epson profiles are actually more accurate than self made profiles with i1profiler - e.g. starting with a Konica Myiro and resp. software.

Last edited:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
@Smile - you are using a patch sheet with 3000 color patches - how are you scanning them - somehow automated ?

DirkColaert

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro-2100
After all I read here I still have the impression that your patches are printed somehow WITH color management. Some versions of QImage were not synchronizing with the printer driver. I suggest manually setting color management to OFF in the driver plus choosing Printerprofile "OFF".

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
I don't have the tools to analyze if Epson profiles are actually more accurate than self made profiles with i1profiler

Look at the last image on first post, there are color lines that shows epson OEM is less precise then i1profiler. This should be flat line.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
@Smile - you are using a patch sheet with 3000 color patches - how are you scanning them - somehow automated ?

Yes. I one i1 isis, i1 iO with i1Pro swiss made no X-rite crap. with custom table, the OEM is crap.

Last edited:

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
here I still have the impression that your patches are printed somehow WITH color management. Some versions of QImage were not synch

I will test +25 all CMY colors on the "color management off" advanced button. To see if it increases color gamut or not. I do not have an idea if this setting works at all.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
to see if it increases color gamut or not. I do not have an idea if this setting works at all.

Just give it a try - and interpret the results once you get the printout and scan data - surprises are possible - I admit not very likely, but I don't want to be too pre-occupied.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
i1 iO with i1Pro swiss made no X-rite crap.
Can I ask where such unit can be purchased ? - I killed already one unit - I probably created too many profiles...........

Latest posts