Just for fun.:lol:

8054_img_0018.jpg

All tested.:D

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
I hope you know that being cruel to cartridges can lead to psychological problems later in life:)

gigigogu

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
From upper left, clockwise:
1. New hole, rubber plug cut at level, refill through plug. Used for a compatible BCI-3eBK
2. Variation to German method. Used for a set of OEM BCI-6 cartridges
3. German method. Used for another set of OEM BCI-6 BCI-3eBK cartridges
4. Silicone plug. Used for a compatible PG-5BK
5. Rubber plug in original hole, cut at level, refill through plug. Used for a compatible CLI-8 cartridge
6. Original ball plug, top filling. Used in a set of OEM CLI-8 PG-5BK cartridges
7. Rubber plug, cut at level, top filling. Used in a set of compatible CLI-8 cartridges

gigigogu

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Another way to be cruel to cartridges and a way to refill without needle.

Adapted a lighter valve onto BCI-6 cartridge.

8054_img_0026.jpg
8054_img_0028.jpg
8054_img_0029.jpg
8054_img_0032.jpg
8054_img_0033.jpg

8054_img_0046.jpg

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
gigigogu very ingenious I would be interested how you insert needle through rubber plug No.5 I think. If you can exclude excessive air during refill which this method does then would probably solve the problem of ink flowing out of the outlet. This I have experienced twice even with a clip on the outlet, so have reverted to the German method, but I like the simplicity of topfill if I could get to work reliably

barl2

gigigogu

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
barfl2

This is the rubber plug I used.
8054_img_0057.jpg

It has a partial channel inside that, when the plug is forced in the hole, it is closed.
To refill just insert a thin needle through the channel, turn the cartridge upside down and slowly inject ink.

Be aware that in time the rubber may lose elasticity and the seal will be lost, with unfortunate consequences.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
gigigogu
Your method looks very interesting alright, and then I have a but.
The only way to get ink into the reservoir is for the air to get out first through the air maze on the top of the cartridge.

Now if you hold the cartridge upside down while injecting ink it seems only logical that the ink
will follow the air out through the maze as well which wouldnt be a good idea I reckon..
:th

mrelmo

Print Addict
Reaction score
once the needle is inserted you need to pull on the plunger to draw air out of the reservior,then with the needle pointing down inject the ink, by pulling air out you will be creating a partial vacuum for the ink to be injected, you may have to cover the maze vent when pulling air out, if you know any one in the medical field, when they pull serum out of a bottle they first must inject air into the bottle other wise they can not fill the syringe, the cartridges are not air tight but that is the basic principal

Tudor

Print Addict
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800, 1400; ML-2165W
The Hat:

Is the german method different regarding the air that escapes from the spongeless part of the cartridge?