Original Colormunki works in Windows 11

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
No problem with this old hardware.
Here it is connected on the USB2 hub of my EIZO CS2420 monitor.

Only warning: Colornavigator 7.1.8 is the last software supporting the Colormunki (this is not really an issue, but keep a copy of the installation software).

Best wishes !

Last edited:

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Ohh, I knew it before hahaha. It still runs strong here. A necessary piece of hardware if you are using a lot of different brands of aftermarket refill inks. With ArgyllCMS you can also make profiles for others without infringe the patent of X-rite. I am sometimes asked to produce a printer profile and I send a tiff-file (or 4 tiff files for 10x15 cm) to be printed on A4 or 4 sheets of 10x15 cm photo paper, which I scan to generate the profile.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Ohh, I knew it before hahaha. It still runs strong here. A necessary piece of hardware if you are using a lot of different brands of aftermarket refill inks. With ArgyllCMS you can also make profiles for others without infringe the patent of X-rite. I am sometimes asked to produce a printer profile and I send a tiff-file (or 4 tiff files for 10x15 cm) to be printed on A4 or 4 sheets of 10x15 cm photo paper, which I scan to generate the profile.
I never could make profiles for other people since I never did the effort to master ArgyllCMS :eek: .

But it saves a lot on ink and paper.
Bought last week a box full of good papers, all unopened (Hahnemuhle, Ilford, Canon...) for a song.

My stock of Aldi glossy is dwindling and I am afraid it never will be sold again.

Happy Newyear

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
My stock of Aldi glossy is dwindling and I am afraid it never will be sold again.
I think this paper is being phased out - the 079 Quickdry is not available anymore at the Sihl-direkt Online shop , the paper was running at almost 20 ct/A4 sheet the last time I checked - many months ago. But there are still a few clearance offers on the Internet for it. I have 2 boxes x 50 sheets left. A problem was the ink limit - lower than with lots of other glossy papers.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
No regret, I have more paper than I ever will use (and ink for at least 2 years).

After printing my 2023 calendars (8x12 A4) I still have 4 boxes of 50 sheets Expertiz 300g bought 2 years ago.

I also make photo books from time to time, but why not try to print them on the double side papers I found somewhere in my stock.

And although I never would spend the money, you can make very nice prints on the Hahnemuhle Photo Rag, William Turner, Baryta and other fancy papers I got from people abandoning their printer.
I really like Smooth Pearl (originally from Ilford) and have stock from roll paper over A3 until 10x15cm.
For posters, greeting cards and the like I use matte but this is not expensive even new.

The ink cost is always higher (depending on the source € 0,50/ml for new large format inks and € 0,15 for good 3th party).

But since all this has been paid before, I print for free and - in particular at my age - I should stop worrying about the replacement cost.

Last edited: