OMG! This really sucks!

geocha

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The Hat said:
panos But I need to know: did the ip4700 start the extended cleaning cycles after you've disabled ink monitoring or it was doing from the beginning ?
My ip4700 just done a quick clean at start-up a minute or so I guess and about a twenty second one between print jobs.
I would suggest however if someone was considering using a CISS on this printer that it would be a lot less wasteful
(both on ink and time) if it was fitted with ARC chips instead of disabling the ink monitoring as I did.

But you would still get the usual two minute wash and shave every time you turned on the printer
because of the ARC chips i.e. (new cartridges installed)..
The ip4600's carts are so small that every 4-5 print jobs need to be refilled. Maybe a reliable ciss is the best but reliable as i know is pretty difficult to find :(

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
geocha The ip4600's carts are so small that every 4-5 print jobs need to be refilled. Maybe a reliable ciss is the best but reliable as i know is pretty difficult to find
A CISS works great on these machines only IF you have enough to keep them in print as they dont like being idle whatsoever.
I had a CISS on the ip4300, ip4500, ip4700, i9950 and ix4000 but now only use
the 4300 and 4000 with CISS due mainly to lack of print jobs for them.

The 4500, 4600 and the 4700 CISS works better if you alter the outer case and frame to make more room as the tubing
can get caught up if not installed correctly and even then a little customising is still very much needed.

All the printers that I run on CISS have had the outer case altered in some way and the top lids were always left open when printing any documents.
Some of the work I have done in the past required the cartridges to be changed after only 30 sheets hence my need for a CISS..

geocha

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
why not leave the printer idle?what could be the problem?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
geocha why not leave the printer idle?what could be the problem?
As I explained in the above thread CISS units dont do idleness particularly well.
The ink in the cartridges will be sucked back into the reservoir when left unused for long periods.
When you go to print again youll have to prime the whole system just to get ink back into your cartridges
and that can take up a lot of time and patience.

Stick with refilling your OEM cartridges and even get yourself an extra set just to have in reserve when needed.. :)