"Old Ink / New Ink" from Inkgrabbers - VS cartridge re-fill?

Soja

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I just ordered the i9900 Canon I was wondering about in earlier posts. While I wait, I'm running into posts that talk about old and new ink from Inkgrabbers. I ordered a couple of black cartridges from them for my S800 just to 'test them out'. They came in a Yellow and blue box labeled, "G&G ink cartridge". They also have lost of chinese writing on them. Now, my Wife suggested I just buy the pre-filled carts rather than make a mess with re-filling OEMs. (Which I did with my dead HP, and did make a mess) The cost difference wasn't that much to me to worry about. the savings over OEM's is still substantial. Now I'm reading about old and new ink from Inkgrabbers. Can someone fill in a newbe on the subtlies of this confusing business?

Here is some info that may help:
I do not have a business but I print pics for most of the family (30+ people). I am not printing constantly but do run into batches of heavy use. I do photo restoration as there are several family members in and near their 90s so they have wonderful old photographs that I 'fix' in Photoshop. (I have a wonderful picture of my Father-in-law, Seargent Kal, walking the streets of Paris France during WWII.)
I want to do large pics, hence the i9900 interest.

Now I'm running into posts about printer profiles for different inks??? I just use Adobe as installed and if the color is off, I adjust and print...No problem. Should I be doing something else with profiles? Where do I start?
I'm needing any information that will apply, even a little bit helps.
I really appreciate the answers I've allready got and look forward to any assistance in the future. Thank you all.

Soja