Ok, so I built a new PC

Slagathor

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro 10, MG5320
These new AMD Ryzen CPU's are monsters.....heh

So, anywho, I installed Windblows 1:( fresh, and forgot to save my ICC's for the canon papers I have from PC,
so I go to snag them, and I am not seeing them, I hit the PC72V2 Inkset, and all I see if the Red River....

I know there somewhere.....:cool:

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
These new AMD Ryzen CPU's are monsters.....heh

So, anywho, I installed Windblows 1:( fresh, and forgot to save my ICC's for the canon papers I have from PC,
so I go to snag them, and I am not seeing them, I hit the PC72V2 Inkset, and all I see if the Red River....

I know there somewhere.....:cool:

Scroll down. Now was which Ryzen was that?

Slagathor

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro 10, MG5320
Scroll down. Now was which Ryzen was that?

How in the hell did I miss that?!?!?!!! Dont I feel silly.....heh

I got the x1700 with the ASUS Crosshair VI Hero

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Sounds like you have a monster machine there. :woot

Slagathor

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro 10, MG5320
You won't regret it...
There not overclocking to much right now, motherboard manufactures have to tweak the bios a bit yet, but even running stock this thing kicks....

And being an AMD fanboy, even if it had been slower I would have built one instead of intel.....heh

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
It would be interesting to know, what’s wrong with Intel ?... :idunno
Aaah. for the same reason why some people refill.....that is why? It is the spirit of the underdog that can! Intel however must play nice to some degree because they 1. have granted a license to AMD going back. and 2. The US government in theory does not like monopolies.

Despite the above, one major difference to date is that the underlying chipset and ability to upgrade the computer down the road has been a strength of AMD. They attempt to place a foundation from which at a later date, you can pick up a more advanced CPU and install it by just upgrading the processor. This is most advantageous when you pick up a used high end CPU. So for example I acquired a used Phenom X3 720 for a motherboard that was dated back to approx 2004-2005. I purchased the CPU for $17USD. At that time the motherboard was a "budget" model. Today it runs windows 10 without breaking a sweat.! Now let's see us do that with Intel. Not so.

AMD's prior generation of CPUs bet that software would advance quickly but it didn't. So the CPUs largely sat underutilized. Intel bet the other way, that software would not advance as quickly and would then simply need speed. Intel won that bet. Today's Ryzen is still taking that bet somewhat but their bet this time might be closer. With the exponential increase in multicore processors even in mobile phones, the software people are now starting to write software to take advantage of this aspect of hardware.

I'll be keeping an eye on the AM4 platform to see if it is stable as newer processors are released. Ryzen is impressive especially at the lower end spectrum of processors....because Intel has purposely neutered their less expensive processors to a large degree.