Official Poll Time…

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
During the six months during my youth when drifting around the world I found that the Aussies I met along the way were great travellers and loads of fun to be with.
I too have found some Aussies to be quite fun-loving. Vacationers in general are fun.

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
I too have found some Aussies to be quite fun-loving. Vacationers in general are fun.

We hear different, in the 60s it was mainly students going overseas, young and disposed to fitting in in order to learn, as their parents had taught by example. The next wave in the 70s were brought up in a land of plenty and were fee thinkers. The 80s and 90s saw nuff nuffs foisted up by the ease with which one could get credit (pre GFC) heading offshore in their grubby thousands....they were trash here, and behaved true to breeding or lack of - trash crass and loud...ugh!!!! True Aussies still blend in and go un noticed, except for our accent.
Having dinner as a guest at a posh resteraunt in the boonies at Houston chatting quietly with four hosts. Noted after a while that whilst I was being encouraged to speak on topics of interest to my guests the other patrons were absolutely silent, the waiters were hovering and the kitchen staff were gatheted at the counter/bar.
Embarrased I shut up....
A lady behind at another table tapped me on the shoulder and said " please dont stop...we love your accent"... she was so damn sincere that i burst out laughing, so did the room and suddenly just like that I was amongst friends.....so I just kept going and we ALL had a fun, and very different evening.....

I have strong, fond memories of Texan folk.

Last edited:

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Sounds like Crocodile Dundee. Yes, we liked Houston, when visiting our daughter when she was living there.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
@3dogs - The era I referred to was the first half of 1960. Age - mid 20's. Great time and age to be footloose!

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
It was indeed!, if only we could pass on to each generation just how fleeting and golden it is. Plenty of time at our age now to plot and plan with wiser heads and slower blood.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I gather from last 22 posts that no one is remotely interested in any sort of new poll whatsoever taking place here then ?

So everybody is happy with the current stale trend of things and nobody is willing to suggest anything new at all, except @CakeHole and @Roy Sletcher

While we have the Aussies talking to the Texans over a Barbie and the Texans sharing a beer with Californians wondering whether Crocodile Dundee was real or not and the rest of the community idly looking on, has nobody got any new suggestions for a poll on the current state of play with the inkjet printer or photography scene.

Has printing, refilling and photography got that boring that it’s time to call it a day and wind up this wonderful forum and consign it to the Annals of time or re-release them as a help file on a DVD or App. for phones.

Come guys, are we all stuck in a place that’s better than being somewhere else or has your imagination come full circle on itself and you reckon you’ve done it all before, kind of thing, and that something new has lost all it’s excitement, surly not…. !

P.S. I better not forget to mention @stratman here because we could do with one of his special funny but serious comments, he knows how to kick ass gently.. :D
Now where did I put that new commode..

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Thats a RANT?

Better you get into the cod liver oil before setting yourself to sitting.

Other forums deal in confrontation and trivial pointless dissitations by puffed up eggspurts on the quality of light.
Take a quick meander through the hits on topics in our forum and you will see what lurkers like.
What exactly are we lacking?
Folks have an issue, post a question, get an answer and move on......that IS the digital world .........internet is information resource.
Social media is not PRINTERKNOWLEDGE but a few stick and talk of things seemingly trivial. Others stick and provide invaluable advice. Broken down further there are active and passive members.........

Would you have us move to a DPR model...." I am thinking to buy a printer should I buy one?" and what follows could end up anywhere but on topic....I dont follow that forum, I have passed that crap.

I dont feel like drafting a poll because there is no issue to poll on. However, a survey asking for satisfaction levels on content I may have a say on......but I dont feel like drafting a survey either. Seems like the 'regulars' are more seasoned campaigners, have their own workflow pretty well sorted and are poised ready to help as the forum name suggests Printerknowledge........I went past the intense discovery that is urgently debated by a) blowhards and b) fuzzy faced 30 somethings that are encountering things for the first time that were already old hat by the time I dicovered them myself for the first time some 30 + years ago.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
In 16th century England, post the wrong thing on PrinterKnowledge and it was off with your head, irrespective of the size of your codpiece.

Incidentally, did you see the news comment that the world population is projected to be 11 billion all too soon. Now at an average 100 watts continuous per person, we will be generating 1,100,000,000,000 watts of heating just by sitting around. How much food is required for that?

Last edited:

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
In 16th century England, post the wrong thing on PrinterKnowledge and it was off with your head, irrespective of the size of your codpiece.

Incidentally, did you see the news comment that the world population is projected to be 11 billion all too soon. Now at an average 100 watts continuous per person, we will be generating 1,100,000,000,000 watts of heating just by sitting around. How much food is required for that?

Thanks to Emu we now know that global warming comes from 11 billion people just sitting around, and not Farmer Giles cows F__ting.

Who said Printer Knowledge forums were a waste of time.
Watch this space for further earth shattering announcements. :ya

RS