Official Poll Time…

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
It seem nothing stays the same so how about a brand new Official Poll ?

What do you our members think would be good for a new Poll or more if need be.
Let’s see what some of you guys can come up with that might work.
All suggestion welcome even funny ones.. :ep

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
Best printer manufacturer (IE Canon, Epson, HP, Lexmark, Brother, Other) or similar if you want a simple poll

Or how long have you had your current printer (IE less than 6 months, 6-12 months, 12-24 months, 24-36 months, 36-48 months, 48-60 months, Ive had mine longer than 60 month (5 years) ) as options.

How much do you print per week (a page or less, 1 to 5 pages, 5 to 10 pages, 10 to 20 pages, 20 to 40 pages, 40 to 80 pages, over 80 pages{I love paper and ink/love scanning and printing books}) as options.

How many printers have you ever owned in total (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, more than 9) as options.

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
To my mind a poll is intended to gather data upon which decisions are made.
Deciding what it is or may be that we want to decide seems somehow çircular so I propose a poll to decide if we really want a poll to decide what we could have a poll on for that we need a poll on format, but preceeding that a ploll to decide ifmy proposal has unversal acceptance, this could most easily be achieved by a simple show of hands by current members.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
@3dogs wins the Post Turtle Poll Award for best poll about absolutely nothing whatsoever. :eek: :confused: :lol:

2935131025_cid_17DFDCF56C0646698424B43550D32FA6FredPC_xlarge.png

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
So far we have three contributions to our request for another more and detailed printer Poll.

The first has a lot of good ideas and maybe we can build and expand on that, thank you @CakeHole.

The second one is a Poll of Polls about Polls that I can’t decide if it will help expanding any more on that Poll !, again thank you @3dogs.

Then we have the humorous Poll, being the PK forum we have come to expect this as part of our daily forum life, all dough I don’t think the turtle sees it quite like that, thank you too @stratman.

The turtle and his very own Pole problem.

Will the turtle shake himself off the pole ?

Will he wait till the tide comes in and float off ?

Or be put back in the water by the twit who put him there in the first place ?
Don't answer this....

I don’t think that’s what PK management & Support had in mind for a new Printer Poll and I am certain the turtle would also second that.

So come on you guys, stop trying to expand on your prints when you know the darn printer wont do Panoramas no matter how you try and submit some more of your bright ideas please..

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
So far we have three contributions to our request for another more and detailed printer Poll.

The first has a lot of good ideas and maybe we can build and expand on that, thank you @CakeHole.

The second one is a Poll of Polls about Polls that I can’t decide if it will help expanding any more on that Poll !, again thank you @3dogs.

Then we have the humorous Poll, being the PK forum we have come to expect this as part of our daily forum life, all dough I don’t think the turtle sees it quite like that, thank you too @stratman.

The turtle and his very own Pole problem.

Will the turtle shake himself off the pole ?

Will he wait till the tide comes in and float off ?

Or be put back in the water by the twit who put him there in the first place ?
Don't answer this....

I don’t think that’s what PK management & Support had in mind for a new Printer Poll and I am certain the turtle would also second that.

So come on you guys, stop trying to expand on your prints when you know the darn printer wont do Panoramas no matter how you try and submit some more of your bright ideas please..

Cunningly concealed in a poll driven ramble was a serious point @The Hat... what is, or are the driving issues that we should be addressing in mid 2015 that will shape 2016 and beyond.

I am extremely pessimistic about the future for refilling, but that is out of our hands altogether...........

Has the demographic of active members changed, are their needs the same now as they were a couple of years ago, and what would draw new blood into contributing. Looking at the users and views it is clear that whilst the banter keeps things rolling along it is the casual visitor that makes up the bulk of activity, folks who join to access "hidden" content perhaps.

Way I see it the fellas that contribute have something to say. This site demands responsible comment, and that is good, keeps the air breathable and friendly. Younger folk want to trumpet what they are discovering for the first time, most of us have seen it all become new a number of times before. Newbies need help to get off the ground, and we have a pool of talent there. This sites speciality is printers, others do colour, or windbagging or abuse or just about anything destructive and personal.
Manufacturers are dumbing down their consumer multi functionals to a point where they are a throw away items. Higher end 'enthusiast' printers are striving to force refiller and repair inclined users out. Pro machines are getting bigger and more expensive, and less durable, or so it seems.

There is probably enough meat there to explore/debate what it is that we need to be drawing from our Members by Poll.:duc

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
There is probably enough meat there to explore/debate what it is that we need to be drawing from our Members by Poll. :duc
@3dogs, Could you elaborate on your statement some more in depth this time and we might be able to accommodate and accomplish some of your taught and wishes.. :old

Tigerman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG5640, iX6840
There is not possible add poll to post, so we can get more near solutions to problems in printing.

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
@3dogs, Could you elaborate on your statement some more in depth this time and we might be able to accommodate and accomplish some of your taught and wishes.. :old

...........In Australia, the fella that brings the meat for a BBQ never has to cook or serve!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
@ 3dogs on this side of the world the wife brings the meat and I cook, serve and also eat, weather permitting.. (No fly's allowed dough)

Latest posts