Official PK Poll - Is there any future in refilling?

Is there any future in refilling?

• Yes

Votes: 109 90.1%
  • No

Votes: 12 9.9%

• Total voters

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i560
The question says it all… Is there a future for refilling, or is it going to be a thing of the past soon? What do you guys think?

Please take a second to answer "Yes" or "No" and reply with your reason (optional).

Tigerman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG5640, iX6840
Tank system will replaces refilling, but I am not sure about same quality? Can reach?

embguy

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I have a good supply of PGI and CLI cartridges and iP4500 and MX850 printers. I am using 2 MX850 and have 3 MX850 and 1 iP4500 in storage. With my chip resetter, I am good for a very long long time. ;)

Jimbob

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson XP 605
I always refill and the next printer I buy will have a refillable tank

WilsonLaidlaw

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Lewes, Sussex, UK and Tourtour, Var, France
Printer Model
Epson 3880, Canon Pixma Pro-1,
I do use third party Piezography cartridges in my Epson Stylus Pro 3880 but only for their cleaning/flushing fluid I leave in for over-winter storage at our French base, which is only open from April to October. In the past I have tried third party inks in various printers but have never had much success. The problems have ranged from head blocking, to leakages, smearing of prints, to difficulty in profiling the printer. Epson together with Ilford and Hahnemuhle provide such good profiles for their papers, that are near perfect for the 3880, when used with Epson ink, I am very reluctant to do anything that could upset the apple cart. I therefore stick to the genuine cartridges and Epson, Ilford or Hahanmuhle paper.

pearlhouse

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon mx892 & mx922
The question says it all… Is there a future for refilling, or is it going to be a thing of the past soon? What do you guys think?

Please take a second to answer "Yes" or "No" and reply with your reason (optional).
Yes it will be a while before this happens. As long as we maintain the printers we have.. We will keep on refilling.

jjohnl

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
For as long as I've owned inkjet printers people have been interested in refilling, for the simple reason that ink is expensive. I think that will continue to be the case.

cuyler1

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
lexmark z77
i believe one day some one will crack the code and unlock the printers that bind our hands now. i have the junkyard , hackady.jo and some 10 year old kids working on it along with myself. i dissected the power supply on a lexmark z and found 30v ac stepdown transformers to eventually 12vdc and 5vdc. some strange frequencies produced and chips connected that aren't called for and wondering now if the encoder is a frequency dialog where the flux capacitor is fueled to heat up the ink.