Odd Chip on cartridge

Automods

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Dell 1320c
I was wandering if anyone had ever come across this chip before

it is an im340b this is in a franking machine cartridge, and is a rotated version of something else, just to make it hard to work with, these cartridges are in excess of £130 if bought from the supplier, and whats worse is that they have a strict life cycle, they will last exactly 12 months from date of insert, also if you do not insert them by the date on the cartridge, then they also cant be used.

I can program pretty much any chip, but only if I know what it is :)
im340b.jpg

Any help or info would be handy

gtofver

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Roland SC300
Hi, I am wondering if you have made any progress with this chip? We are looking for a solution to this chip as well.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@gtofver Is there no aftermarket cartridges available as an alternative to OEM‘s on Alibaba ?

More information would be a help..

UFAnders

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma
Hi guys, does anyone have information on how to use the IM340B? I'm looking everywhere and I'd be very, very grateful for any help you can provide.

I await your wisdom,

Greg Lind

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Neopost
This comes a bit late but the attached IM340X chip is a specialized chip. Its main use is to emulate a 25040 SPI EEPROM but it has bells and whistles. It must be a u/controller as it generates an external clock on pins 1 & 2. Dismantle this clock and the device stops working.
The chip has 8 special registers that generate a 1 byte hash on address 0xB8 when reading upper memory twice in a row. The printer will test this hash on power-up. From the factory, the chip emulates a regular EEPROM but when secure mode is activated on 0xB8. a different set of 4 addresses will only allow increased values and while others only decrease in value.

To reset this device, the chip must be brought out of secure mode rewritten, and then placed back into the secure mode to be field ready. We sell a device that can do this.
An alternative is to build chips that can be soldered into place emulating all the functions explained here above. Of course, we sell this also but this forum is not to sell wares. The chip does contain a form of crude encryption and cannot be reset without an intelligent device.
The attached device is an IM340B. B means with encryption features. If you locate an IM304A this device can do all of the above and can be programmed without disabling the secure mode. It will work perfectly for just resetting. I hope this works.
If you need further detailed information feel free to contact me on my email address