Odd cartridge message

duncan22

Getting Fingers Dirty
Joined
Dec 30, 2008
Messages
82
Reaction score
0
Points
29
Location
Lancashire UK
Hi,
Recently purchased some non Canon chipped cartridges for my MP610.
A message came up with one cartridge to say "cartridge not recognized"
The cartridge fits and the light stays on !
It also prints OK.
I can confirm its a CLI 8Y The box it comes in lists a whole load of printers MP600 MP600R etc but it does not include the MP610
Has anyone come across this before ? Should I continue to use it ? I have a Redsetter and wondered if it was worth having a go at resetting it.
I Think my main worry is it could empty and I will get no warning.

Thanks
 
Just wanted to clarify, the cartridge your printer uses is Cli-8 and the replacement you got is cli-8?

You're getting cartridge not recognized and still able to print?

If it's printing, leave it alone, when it's empty try resetting. No point messing up what is currently working!
 
Yes it's a CLI-8Y. I contacted the seller and he assures me it is the correct cartridge. I guess it would not fit or if it did it would either not light up or would not print but it does both of these.
I am not sure what the chip in the cartridge consists of, does it contain some program or other ? If so it could be a fault in the program or chip.
Either way I will continue to use it as per your suggestion and have a go at resetting it once it's empty or near empty.
 
Back
Top