No PGBK nozzle pattern printed on Canon Pixma MP830

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Is it possible you disturbed a ribbon cable during your "evolutions"? It appears some contact between print head and the logic board is open.

Wayne

kevindd992002

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I agree. The only problem with my old print head is the PGBK and the other colors were perfect. Now both of these print heads have identical pin-striping deficits.

I am actually retracing everything and the only I could think of is alcohol going into the optical eye or something but that is very unlikely also because I was very very careful and did not use excessive amount of alcohol in cotton swabs.

I already tried doing an auto head alignment and it failed and gave me an error that the nozzles may be clogged. I was able to do an auto head alignment a few days ago when the nozzle check was pretty much in top shape.

Would it be practical to bring this to a canon repair center? Is it ok to bring it there without any ink cartridges installed?

kevindd992002

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Is it possible you disturbed a ribbon cable during your "evolutions"? It appears some contact between print head and the logic board is open.

Wayne

Very unlikely too but how do I check?

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Not sure...wiggle the cables a little, and try the old printhead again and post a nozzle check.

I recall disassembling my MP730 (to unclog the PGBK purge system). I had to disconnect about 15 ribbon cables to dig into it. After re-assembly, I lost parts of two colors, and close inspection showed I had not made good contact with one ribbon cable. I had to re-insert the cable into the socket further. Problem disappeared.

Wayne

kevindd992002

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Did that and here's what I have with the old print head:

IMG3.jpg

Nothing really changed.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
What I can see for sure is that your printer is of no further value to you at all,
the new problems you now have are no longer solely associated with the print head
but instead the logic board has become corrupted. (Damaged)

You had a perfectly good nozzle print in post #24 except for the PGBK black and back then
you just needed to stop trying to fix the unfixable and buy a new print head from a reliable source,
which ironically would have solved your problem.

The print head you purchased, New or otherwise was a bad decision because it didn’t give you
a perfect nozzle printout first time, that of course could be put down to you trying to clean/wash it
before installing it, which you shouldn’t have.

Whatever you have done to cause the current poor print output is a total mystery to those kind members
that were helping you solve your problems, because you changed to many things all at once and now
it’s much too late for any recovery sorry..

kevindd992002

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Ok. What could've caused the logic board being damaged? I don't see why it would be damaged if the timing strip was the only component that was cleaned, right?

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
It appears you have had an electronic failure or electrical failure appear that shows with 2 print heads. I really don't know exactly what happened, but I recommend a "new" printer at this point...

Sorry.

Wayne

kevindd992002

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Ok. So that means that the printer destroyed those 2 print heads?