No more syringes to refill my modified T58 carts..... and any other similarly ported EPSON cart.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
You've seen my videos on the process by which you can modify any T58 ( PRO 3800 / 3880 ) cartridge or EPSON Large Format carts that utilize the "Standard One Way" type of ink exit port.
You've also seen me refill these carts with syringes.

Watch how easy it is to do this with the typical squeeze bottle sold by many 3rd party ink providers.

To make matters even easier, you should get a set of these Tips from:
http://www.octoink.co.uk/products/Epson-Cartridge-Pull-Through-Adapter.html
WEBSNAIL, if these are not the ones that one can use on EPSON carts please let me know so I can correct the description on my video.

Though the one I use ( Black Color ) can be had from Rjettek, they are a special order part and you still have to spend a minimum of $30 so the best choice at this time is Octoink.

These are designed for certain HP carts but they are pretty much identical to mine except for the color.
Why use a bottle as opposed to a syringe. With the bottle, you simply fill and you are done. There is no clean up to speak up. You can simply fill and put away the 9 bottles rather than have to wash 9 syringes and needles.

http://youtu.be/fbCEsGlWIaY

Joe

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Just one comment Joe, would it not be better to keep the cartridge and bottle totally vertical rather than trying to fill at such an odd angle.. ?

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Yes. But even if you do get air inside the bag, you can simply aspirate it in the end.
If you begin by first aspirating ANY existing air in the bag by tapping it like I showed, and if you begin with the bottle aiming down, ink basically begins to fill that refilling tip so you are not inject any air into the bag. At least that has been my experience having done this many times. Then at the end, when the cart reaches 150 grams, you can tap it a few times. Stand it vertically and with a syringe, you can pull out any air that may have been trapped.

But yes, I did it this way on the video but it can be of course be done as you say vertical, which I would probably recommend.

Joe