Newbie: Want to print light-fast painting

Spod

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I need to print onto watercolour paper for a client -- it's a picture to hang on the wall. I've got a Canon Pixma ip 3000, and I think/hope it will work; as far as I know only the black is a dye as distinct from a pigment ink, and the picture has got barely any patches of black or black lines in.

I need to know whether my non-oem inks (I bought them from choice
stationery), which are not generic, will be sufficiently light-fast.

Any advice on all this would be gratefully received.

With thanks in advance.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Spod said:
I need to print onto watercolour paper for a client -- it's a picture to hang on the wall. I've got a Canon Pixma ip 3000, and I think/hope it will work; as far as I know only the black is a dye as distinct from a pigment ink, and the picture has got barely any patches of black or black lines in.

I need to know whether my non-oem inks (I bought them from choice
stationery), which are not generic, will be sufficiently light-fast.

Any advice on all this would be gratefully received.

With thanks in advance.
The black ink in the iP3000 is pigment, the three color inks are dye. If you tell the printer you are printing on plain paper, it will use all four inks, otherwise, it will not use the pigment black ink. So on photo papers, it only uses the three dye inks. You should use Canon OEM cartridges if you care about color fastness and you should print on a Canon paper. Why does it have to be watercolour paper?