New method to reset Canon chipped cartridges?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Manuchau: did you know there are CLI-8 compatible aftermarket carts based on the split system: a special lower part on which the chip is attached and a inktank that simply clicks on the chipholder ? Very similar to the RKS chip extender, albeit you are stuck to use those special split inkttanks. What are your experience with these split units ?

Maybe you could offer rebuilt printheads on which the chip contacts are removed and the chips directly hard soldered to the electrical contacts:

http://www.druckerchannel.de/artike...t=canon_pixma_ip_3300_4200_co_chipfrei_nutzen

The article is written in german, but you can see in on the pictures what is meant. However: this method is irreversible !

greybart

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
:) Hi ! Just received my "remanufactured cartridges" from "Atlantic Inkjet"
for my ip4200 from Canon......Inexpensive compared to original...They work perfectly !! Nuff sed

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
I am unable to see how they can be inexpensive. You are paying many bucks for a tank of ink. If you refill yourself the cost for a same tank of ink will be less than $1.

Christoph7

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Guy, and I suppose Gals,

I wonder if we are all aproaching the problem from the wrong direction? Let's try a little lateral thinking :) As I understand it; the printer driver software looks for the chip and if it can't find a signal it then blocks all operation of the printer. Could we, perhaps, rewrite the driver or fool it into thinking that it sees the chip? This would not overcome the problem of seeing the ink levels, but I have that problem now when I refill canon cartridges and press the override :(

Anyone know where we should start? Or if it is possible? :)

lol Christoph7 :)

billkunert

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Envy 5530e
I'm using a program from a gentleman in Australia called InkMon ( www.inkmon.org ) that, after some fiddling, is tracking the refilled cartridges in my MP600 fairly accurately. Might be worth looking into.

Christoph7

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Bill
thanks for the tip about Inkmon.org. I have downloaded the inkmon5 program and installed it for my new pixma600. I'm not to sure if I have set it up correctly though. As each cartridge gets low; I intend drilling and refilling :)
I also run pixma 4200, which I purchased a continuous ink supply system for, but got myself into a bit of a muddle trying to install it. I must have dammaged the cyan chip whilst swapping it over :(

lol Christoph7 :)

pebe

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I've recently put inkmon5 on an MP600 and it seems to be working OK.

But it's early days yet and I don't know how it's affected by the 'Copy' function, which doesn't need the intervention of the PC.

Any ideas?