new IP4500 ink levels

embguy

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I purchased the following printers in the last 6 months and they all came with full ink cartridges:
iP4500
iP3300
MX850

All these printers are using PGI-5 and CLI-8 ink cartridges.

Have you ask the seller about the number of pages that was printed on this printer? The EEPROM number does not lie. The EEPROM printout has the date that you generated the report. But be prepare - the seller may say that you did all that printing. Let wait what the seller say.

Do you get a good deal on this printer? Do you have a partial refund amount which is fair to the seller and you? Next step will be filing a dispute if you want to continue.

on30trainman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
But no matter what the cartridge ink levels were, how does the seller explain the 300+ pages that the EEPROM readout stated? Can't be the factory setting - my ip4500 which is only used for photos has a page readout of about 90 which I would say is about how many photos I have printed since I set it up. Both my ip4500s (the second is an unused spare) came with sets of full cartridges - I have one set of ink cartridges that is unopened. Just checked them and they are completely full.

Steve W.

stevec

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks for confirming the full cartridges. I am waiting for the selers response. I confirmed with Canon that all EEPROM settings are zero when they leave the factory.
I paid more for the printer than it would have been when it was on sale. I have no problem with this if it was 'new'. Used printers sell for maybe 25% less. This would be what i would seek from the seller.

NoixPecan

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The ink levels are not the most important. The printhead is. As soon as a Canon printer does not come with a separate sealed printhead, it cannot be sold as new. In your case, the seller might have installed his old printhead instead of the new one, or resetted the EEPROM at some point. Considering the risk, such an offer does not worth a premium price.

stevec

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The seller has agreed to a partial refund which I was happy to accept. He was still sticking to his original story and that he does not know how the printer registered over 300 prints. Still I am happy that I have now paid a 'used printer' price.

embguy

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Congratulation for getting a partial refund and have a great printer.

Nobody care what he said... We all know that he is hiding the truth...

jflan

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
stevec said:
The seller has agreed to a partial refund which I was happy to accept. He was still sticking to his original story and that he does not know how the printer registered over 300 prints. Still I am happy that I have now paid a 'used printer' price.
Well done, stevec :D !