Netbit photo paper at Aldi DK

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
It seems Aldi DK = Aldi Nord still offers the Netbit photo paper once or twice a year. I haven't seen the Sihl (United Office) photo paper for sale at Lidl DK the last year or two. Lidl DK has got no webshop.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Yes, that's a PE paper, sold as well by Aldi-Nord now and then for 4,99€/50 sheets or recently for 1,99€/15 sheets. It's by far with the lowest price for a PE paper, in alteration with a paper by Netbit for the same price by Aldi-Nord, this version not on other countries. That's what makes the businesss with photo papers completely intransparent, Aldi or Lidl have different sales schedules in different countries, the markings on the box don't tell you whether it's a PE or CC paper etc, you are supposed to stick with the premium suppliers, even Sihl was selling this paper for about 2.5x of the Aldi price the last time I looked it up in their shop - o.k. - you get it there all year long.

te36

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
various
Haha. So that photo paper is the new communist banana. Sold all year round for west currency at intershops but only at random times and limited quantities in stores normal people could buy from.

I always look at Kirklands PE paper pricing with disgust: $14 for 150 x lettter, $33 for 50 x A3. Margin of at least 260% when selling A3 paper.

Most likely not really Costcos choice, but the suppliers. Lowering A3 pricing would cut into "professional" sales channel margin, while letter/A4 photo paper is probably a niche: Too small for most professional products, too expensive to print photos in volume for non-professionals. So let's make it cheap to them before they notice they are getting screwed on the inks. I bet the majority of those letter/A4 photo papers lie around mostly unused in homes after they figure out the ink pricing problem.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Are those RC/PE papers or CC ?
Sihl is confirming that it is a PE paper indeed

Sehr geehrter Herr ,
vielen Dank für Ihre E-Mail. Unser Fotopapier 0769 ist ein befilmtes PE Papier.

Für Fragen stehen wir Ihnen gerne zur Verfügung.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With kind regards

Marion Pongratz
Customer Services
Sihl Direct