need W 10 drivers for DeskJets 932, 970 and 6122

Paul W.

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1430 HP 932 Canon iP8720
I can run my W 10 computer on some features of these printers, but not all. I'd appreciate any drivers at all for these three printers, even if they're partial. Some partials maybe be less partial than what I have, if that makes sense.

Thanks all!

Paul

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Paul W. If a printer can run under Win 7 driver, then there is no reason why it can’t do so with Win 10, yes, I know that it sounds easy. !

If you are using Win 10, don’t bother to install any drivers for the printer, just plug it in and allow Windows to recognise and do the installation for itself, if it has not installed the correct driver then delete the printer’s icon and wait till windows try’s again, it may even ask for your assistance, but don't hold your breath..

I have a very old Brother laser printer that worked flawlessly under Win 7 and I installed that using the above same method, because nothing I tried previous ever worked, so I let the computer do its own recognition, but it did take 2 months for the O/S to install a good working driver.

Back in 1995 Microsoft called this new idea Plug and Play, instead of Plug and Wait...

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I checked the HP website for printer drivers and found the answer to use the driver supplied with Windows. I think this is acceptable for the DJ 932 and DJ 970. You can print and clean the cartridges. I tried installing my DJ 930 on my 32 bit Win 10 laptop. The install was plug-and-play and the functionality is the same as on my Win 8.1 64 bit desktop computer. Printing and cleaning, nothing more.

But the DeskJet 6122 seems to be a PCL3 printer and this is the problem. I think this discussion might be useful, but I guess you have already read it?

If you still have the Win 7 driver for it you could try running that driver in compatibility mode for Win 7 on your Win 10 computer. This trick very often works with older Canon drivers under Win 10.

If somebody wonders why both The Hat and I mention Windows 7, the reason is that in another post Paul W wrote:
I also have a 6122, got that one for around $10 at a church rummage sale, in very nice condition. It worked fine in Windows 7, but now I'm in Win 10 and can't find a driver for it.

Last edited:

Paul W.

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
but it did take 2 months for the O/S to install a good working driver.
Two months! Wow. So far I've racked up two hours and no install yet. I will be patient.

But the DeskJet 6122 seems to be a PCL3 printer and this is the problem. I think this discussion might be useful, but I guess you have already read it?
No, sorry, I missed that. But I do thank you for that link, looks like it might be helpful. Thank you!

Paul

Paul W.

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
If you still have the Win 7 driver for it you could try running that driver in compatibility mode for Win 7 on your Win 10 computer. This trick very often works with older Canon drivers under Win 10.

After my last post, I discovered that I do have the CD for the 6122. Tried running it, but during the install process it quit. I tried running the autorun.exe file, but I didn't see any way to run it in compatibility mode for Win 7.

Thnx,

Paul

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I checked my old CDs but didn't find an install CD for an HP printer. Instead I found an install CD for an HP Scanjet 4400c scanner. Opening this CD in Windows Explorer shows a setup.exe file. I am allowed to run this file in compatibility mode. Maybe your install CD also has a similar setup file, which you could try to run in compatibility mode for Win 7?

Probably you downloaded a driver for the Win 7 install? If you still have this downloaded driver, also try running that in compatibility mode.

Paul W.

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
@PeterBJ: Thank you... and I do have setup.exe on that CD. I ran it, but it only got so far and then got stuck. I wasn't running it in compatibility mode, I don't know how to do that. Will you help me with that?

Probably you downloaded a driver for the Win 7 install? If you still have this downloaded driver, also try running that in compatibility mode.
No, I didn't download driver for Win 7 installed... at least to my knowledge.

Paul

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Highlight and right-click the setup.exe file in the Explorer window. Select properties. This opens a small window. Click the "Compability" tab or what it might be called in an English Windows version. On the compatibility tab (1) check "Run this program in compatibility mode for" (2) and select a program in the OS drop down list list. Try selecting Windows XP service pack 3. If that doesn't work then try Windows 98.

My Windows version is Danish, but the properties window should look the same in English, only the language is different. Here is the compatibility tab. "Kompatibilitet" = "Compatibility":

HP instal compat.jpg

I hope this helps, but I don't know as I cannot test it as I have no install CD for my HP930C. If you remember how you did the Windows 7 install, then I think that method might also work for Windows 10.

Paul W.

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Thanks, Peter... your instructions were very clear, and I'm quite sure I followed them exactly - but nothing happens. I tried Windows 98 as well. Then I tried Windows 7, no luck there either.

Last edited:

Paul W.

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model

@PeterBJ: Just to let you know I'm finding this discussion very helpful, but I've been working on it for an hour or two with no success so far. Will keep at it and let you know of any success. Thanks for that link, it's very relevant.

Regards,

Paul