need "safe" driver for Epson 1430

Paul W.

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1430 HP 932 Canon iP8720
By "safe" I mean a driver that does not download a feature that automatically updates the firmware, firmware that prevents the use of 3rd party cartridges.

It's my understanding that Epson started this practice a while back, but only for their more recent printers. Earlier printers. like the 1400 series, were I think (and hope) exempted.

Currently I'm running my 1430 on a Windows 10 computer and I believe my tech person used the built-in driver in the OS. I'd like to have a standalone driver that I could install on my Win 7 laptop.

Thnx all,

Paul

Last edited:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
https://epson.com/Support/Printers/...an-Series/Epson-Artisan-1430/s/SPT_C11CB53201
You would need to select the version of your Win7 system before you download the driver.
You may be asked during installation whether you want to join some customer support program - no - and the driver may have some option on the utility tab to activate the firmware update, this varies between printers but Epson does not do updates completely hidden and without your consent, but they may obscure that somehow, and you probably won't remember what you didn't click away longer time ago. And if you accept an update Epson first would install a driver/firmware updater utility which happens as well if you install the driver + from the CD clicking yes to all questions using the default installation setup.