Need reset code seq for MP730 Waste ink

N708R

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I am a new member of this forum and have tried to locate how to resolve the Waste Ink warning message. From what I have read, it is either have the printer repaired, buy a new printer, a DIY repair or reset the error message and not worry about it. This is the first time I have seen this message since I bought the printer.

So, I have diligently looked for this reset option, but cant seem to find it if it does exist here. Can someone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks

ocular

Printer Guru
Reaction score
To reset waste tank full error in MP730.

1. Hit the "menu": Key
2. Hit "Copy" Key
3. Hit "#" Key
4. Scroll thru the menu headings until you come to "Test Mode" - 12th heading
5. Hit the "3" button- this will bring up Eprom Clear
6. Hit "0" button
7. Hit the "Stop" button

ocular

Printer Guru
Reaction score
These are the most complete instructions I have seen to reset MP730 waste tank full error
They do work.

Canon Multi Pass MP730
Note: the text in the < > indicates what is displayed on the MP730 printer LED screen after a step is performed.
1. Press MENU < 1. SPECIAL COPY>
2. Press "COPY" button
3. Press "#" < SERVICE MODE #1 SSSW>
4. Press "+" key (below display) twelve times until display reads <TEST MODE>
5. Press "OK" < TEST MODE [1] - [8] CF - FH3 :WLD-11-03>
6. Press "8" <TEST MODE [1] - [8] PLEASE WAIT> printer cycles then reads < 8: PRINTER TEST [2] - - - [8]>
7. Press "3" <8 - 3: EEPROM CLEAR [0]: INK COUNT [1]: 2 PURGE FLAG>
8. Press "0" < 8: PRINTER TEST [2] - - - [8]>
9. Press red stop button to right of number pad < TEST MODE [1] - [8] CF - FH3 :WLD-11-03>
10. Press "ON/OFF" button
11. Press "ON/OFF" button and hold to turn off printer. Wait 5 seconds and then turn printer on again. Printer will recycle and feed blank page.
12. Press "Resume" button to left of display.
Error light should go off and error message should disappear. If the error message is still there, repeat the list as above but in step 7, press "1" to purge the flag (instead of "0") and then continue as directed.

The Alarm light still flashes though and the printer will not print.

1. Get back in Service Mode with Menu Copy "#"
2. Press + until <#8 CLEAR>
3. Press OK
4. Press+ until <ALL>
5. Hit OK <Please wait>

The last part seems to be important to stop the alarm light flashing and reset everything.