Need non OEM quality chipped cartridges for Canon iP3600 (521/520)

QQ

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been looking all over the ebay for chipped cartridges for iP3600. All seem to be cheap chinese inks.

These are for person who will not be doing refills, so I need ready cartridges. I'd prefer a good quality ink..

Do you have any suggestions of good ebay sellers?

Thanks.

p.s. in Europe!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
QQ

I am sorry for asking but whats wrong with using OEM cartridges in your ip3600..:|

QQ

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
too expensive.. :(

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
QQ

But if you have them already why not just refill them, its the best way to go besides they are far superior to any compatible cartridge.. :)

QQ

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Because it won't be me who will be using it, it will be my wife's mother and sister, and they really won't be doing any refilling..

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
QQ

Either you fill the OEM for them or let them foot the bill for buying OEM ink.
It is after all only the Mother in law.. :lol:

QQ

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
:)

and still, are there any decent nonOEM cartridges out there?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
QQ
Cheap ink and cheap cartridges can only end in disaster, so youre left with the same question unanswered.
I wouldnt dismiss thread #6 just yet; anyway it will give you a good excuse to visit Mammy and sister in law.. :lol:

QQ

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
my question was, perhaps some of the better ink sold in bulk is also sold as some cartridges..

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Druckerchannel.de has a very thorough test of some compatible PGI-520/CLI-521 cartridges : http://www.druckerchannel.de/artikel.php?ID=2805&seite=1&t=guenstiger_drucken_mit_fremdtinte The test is 11 pages. The conclusion is here: http://www.druckerchannel.de/artikel.php?ID=2805&seite=11&t=die_testergebnisse_im_berblick

The test is in German, if you don't read German you could try a Google translation of the conclusion. If you use Google translation, check the original site for Brand names. Sudhaus turns into Brewhouse when translating into English from German.

But be aware that some Armor (Artech?) compatible cartridges caused a printer to break down because some foam rubber added to the cartridge to keep it in place during shipment blocked the print head movement. The foam should have been removed or trimmed down before installing of the cartridges. Check this link: http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6005

Edit: I think it is a good idea to read the post #8 by The Hat again and take his advice.

Peter.