need help for inks (epson stulys photo px820fwd)

djkokalis

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
hi there. i own an epson stulys photo px820 fwd (similar to artisan i thing).
i have installed a ciss and the question is for the inks. what inks should i use for not having any problems?

i bought a 6 pack bottle of inks from a user from ebay who claims that are universal
http://www.ebay.com/itm/30068019691...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_1183wt_1185

should i use them? i' am not a photographer or something like that. i print a lot of documents mainly and sometimes some photos (once a year). i don't want to have problems with the printer because it's expensive...
thanks in advance

OutOFtheinkwell

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Wouldn't that use "Claria" TYPE dye based inks? My Artisan 725 does and that is why I use it. I have found that third party inks from a good source like the sources listed in this forum work well for me and even though I'm just a hobbiest I am fussy about the full color prints I produce since we make up books of prints for family and friends. I have used the OEM inks as well and they are great but not necessarily better that I can see. And the price difference is amazing. Do the math on the price difference, it will knock your socks off!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
djkokalis i bought a 6 pack bottle of inks from a user from ebay who claims that are universal
I would think twice about using that ink, even water is dearer that that cheap stuff.
It just couldnt be good for your lovely expensive printer..

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Besides the obvious questions about color output, resolution, and fade resistance, will these Dye-based inks the OP purchased be of increased risk to the Epson px820fwd print head or printer in general than any other dye-based ink? Does this printer use pigment, dye, or a combination of both inks?

joseph99929

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The printer uses dye ink, and as such using the universal dye ink you bought on eBay "shouldn't" damage anything.

However, that does not mean it will be even closely matched color-wise to the original colors or will it be fade resistant.

djkokalis

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
thanks for the answers.
what are you suggesting for inks? do you have something in mind that is cheap? if you know someone that sells good inks from ebay please send me a pm or a link.
thanks a lot

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
djkokalis said:
thanks for the answers.
what are you suggesting for inks? do you have something in mind that is cheap? if you know someone that sells good inks from ebay please send me a pm or a link.
thanks a lot
There is no problem pointing you to a good ink supplier if we knew your location,
Also please remember buy cheap pay twice, not a good policy at all..:(

OutOFtheinkwell

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
You stated your looking for cheap ink and I understand the need to save money. I will say that compared to OEM ink even the best comparable substitutes for OEM inks are a great deal cheaper then those 20 dollar cartridges that give you maybe 10 mils of usable ink on a good day! But do yourself a big favor and research the best of the third party inks and try one. I won't mention what I use as it seems to be a sensitive subject but I will say it is, in my humble opinion as good as the OEM inks for a lot less money. How much cheaper? I did the math one day and the inks I can buy for $70.00 would cost well over $2000.00 in OEM inks in the cartridges. Hard to believe, but true, check it out for yourself, there are plenty of sites that will show this to be true starting with this site, ( Nifty Stuff Forum). OEM inks are good, but not "that" good.

djkokalis

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
i am from Greece, so i am looking to buy inks from Europian countries!