Need "Heavy Workload" Printer Suggestions

Mulsiphix

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I will definitely make a thread with my review of the system after I have put it through it spaces printing 6,000 to 7,000 (my current needed queue). I've been thinking about the HP L7680 and I feel bad selling it to somebody on eBay. I'm in a really bad spot right now and need a printer for work. I would hate to put somebody who doesn't know any better, like myself, in a position to have wasted their time and money. I think I am just going to give it away. I'll even throw in the ink and CISS that I have here. Whoever takes it can do what they want. All I'll need is the cost of shipping. Your in the UK so I doubt your interested but if you are let me know. If not I'll just pop it up on the forum and see if there are any takers :)

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Appreciate the offer but no I'm ok... I have an L7780 downstairs that needs some TLC along with 15 other printers in various forms of disrepair so my wife might kill me if I take in another waif and stray ;)

Doubtless someone will take it off your hands though...

embguy

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Look for freecycle forum for your location. http://www.freecycle.org/ People posts the offer and wanted ad. That is how I got my FREE MP730 from my local freecycle group. Give it time, I will get a iP4500 to harvest printhead for backup.

You can also post your ad at kijiji.com or craiglist.com your local section to give away your printer.

Mulsiphix

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thank you for the info embguy. I actually do a lot of selling and buying through craigslist already so I'll see if I can find somebody locally that might want to take it off my hands. If not I'll go ahead and try one of the other two sites you listed :)

Mulsiphix

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I've received and tested my Konica Minolta PagePro 5650 and my jaw has dropped to the floor. I've printed a few thousand pages (as much as the starter cartridge had in it) in less than 12 hours! The quality is amazing compared to my HP OfficeJet Pro L7680. The speed is a bit slower but I don't have the driver problems I had with the HP which required me to print my documents in very small chunks (40 to 60 pages per chunk). It has run extremely smooth and I could not be happier. The options this machine has is truly amazing and probably overkill for anybody who isn't going to be running several on a network. I'm going to put in an order for one of the larger toner cartridges so I can resume my printing.

My only complaint is that the pages tend to curl. I assume this has to do with the toner covered pages coming out very hot and having just come out of a roller. It isn't a big deal as most of my things will be sitting in binders. I'm not sure if this problem is unique to this system or laser printers in general (at least in this class of printer). If anybody has any questions please feel free to ask. I couldn't be happier!

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Thanks for feeding back on your final choice...