Need advice on where to find part

congaman59

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixima MG8120
I don't know how it happened but today I went to clean my canon MG8120 print head and I noticed the black rubber grommet around the yellow nozzle was missing. Anyone know how or where I might get a replacement?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
do you have access to any other salvaged printers frrom Canon , friends, a shop which takes a printer back for selling a new one etc. You may get the gromet from a spare parts dealer but then you pay for it.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@congaman59, I won’t ask why you were cleaning the print head outside your machine, but these little accidents do happen from time to time.

Now I could give you one of the many ones that I have from several of my old duff print heads but it would about ten days to get to you, just ask.

I was wondering maybe one of our generous members residing in the US could give you one of theirs in half that time.

How about guys.. :D

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
@congaman59, I won’t ask why you were cleaning the print head outside your machine, but these little accidents do happen from time to time.

Now I could give you one of the many ones that I have from several of my old duff print heads but it would about ten days to get to you, just ask.

I was wondering maybe one of our generous members residing in the US could give you one of theirs in half that time.

I have turfed a couple of clogged printheads over the past few years. Didn't think of saving the grommets.

Learned something for future occasions.

RS

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
Not sure of the exact size or type without going and googling printhead specs but you may be able to get what you need via s google search for "silicone washers" just measure one of the others you have left and order appropriate size.

congaman59

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixima MG8120

That would be WONDERFUL:celebrate! I think what happened was the grommet got caught in the bottom of one of the empty canon carts back when I wasn't using re-fill able
ones. I probably just trashed it without thinking. I didn't even know there were grommets in there until I noticed that one was missing. If I change carts again I'll be checking the bottom! I'll be glad to pay you for your trouble. Let me know and I can send you my mailing address by email or some more private means.

Ron350

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
-
How many different grommets did Canon use?

All I know is that the iP4000 grommets are different from the iP4200 grommets.

nerdful1

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
look at a pile of printers from your Goodwill store.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
How many different grommets did Canon use?

All I know is that the iP4000 grommets are different from the iP4200 grommets.
Yes at least two different different types of grommets were used for print heads for ink cartridges with round ink outlets. The low-profile gasket at the left is the newest and most likely the one needed for the MG8120 print head:

gaskets.jpg

Last edited: