Need a New 3D Printer...

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Here’s a nice little printer out of the Kingroon Store..

It comes all in 1 piece and no need to assemble yourself, and it has all the latest bells and whistles, with a Print Size of: 200mm*200mm*210mm, and a price tag of €450...

Capture.PNG

Its not cheap but no assembled printer is, and it just might be what someone is looking for starting out..

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...646.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.7e093982fx6uqX

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Interesting!

Its not cheap but no assembled printer is

I disagree!

If someone wants an already assembled printer, I'd still suggest the good ol' Monoprice Select Mini that for only $189 US:
https://amzn.to/2OaMhYm

It's proven to be a great printer and it's what I started with. At on l $189, it's less than 1/2 the cost of the KINGROON.

If bigger is needed, the CR-10 is super easy to put together, and is still less than the KINGROON.

... just my 2 cents ;)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I whole heartily agree with you on the Monoprice Mini, because I wouldn’t have got into 3D printing had I not started on that mini, I didn’t have a clue about anything 3D and having a ready assembled printer to start with was certainly the key.

But like most I grew out of the Monoprice Mini once I had my foot in the 3D door and knew how easy it was to make 3D objects, and with my ignorance waning I started to think bigger and my CR-10 certainly filled the gap.

I posted the KINGROON 3D Printer because it also fills both rolls, it comes assembled and therefore makes it very easy to get started with no experience, and big enough to be future proof.

I don’t reckon I’d buy the KINGROON printer, lovely as it is, because I have a very good printer in the CR-10 that satisfies my every need, and with the Ender 2 as back up I’m comfortable as 3D printer go...
I reckon @stratman will never be tempted no matter how hard I push him... :th

P.S. A newbie might have problems with the self-assembly CR-10 and give up before they even turn it on, and I reckon we should promote the assembled machines as a better option, just open the box and get struck straight in... :ya

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
A newbie might have problems with the self-assembly CR-10 and give up before they even turn it on

Actually, I thought the same, until I realized that even with the MP Select Mini, the skills you need to really get it / keep it working (i.e., smart, technical, and mechanical skills) would be more than sufficient to assemble the CR-10. IMO, if someone doesn't have the skills, and would struggle with assembling the CR-10, they are going to find themselves very frustrated with pretty much ANY 3D printer because all of them require a bit of troubleshooting, tweaking, etc.

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
This is my dream machine....one of the best if not the best design around at the moment.. Voron 2.1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InjevEy_DGI

Fully self levelling gantry and fixed bed plate for no hassle printing and a enclosure for printing exotic filaments that need heated chamber. Speeds that are amazing and top quality prints. Even the design of the "tape chain" that carries all the wiring on the gantry and hotend is ingenious, using a 3/4 tape measure with sleeving, light and flexible and not clunky like the 3D printed chains often used in designs.

Extruder is a clever design using 3D printed parts and Bondtech gears.

I'm dreaming while my piggy bank slowly fills up with coins :)

RichardM

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Anet A2
I know it's an old thread but been working tooooo hard.
I thought the fun was in building the thing (and continual modifications - according to thingyverse) ?