1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: A Real Cool Upgrade to Improve your 3D Printing...
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Need a New 3D Printer...

Discussion in '3D Printer Models / Reviews / Experiences' started by The Hat, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Sep 25, 2018
    The Hat

The Hat Printer VIP Moderator

Printer Model:
    Canon were, BUT 3D is better..
    Here’s a nice little printer out of the Kingroon Store..

It comes all in 1 piece and no need to assemble yourself, and it has all the latest bells and whistles, with a Print Size of: 200mm*200mm*210mm, and a price tag of €450...

Capture.PNG
    Its not cheap but no assembled printer is, and it just might be what someone is looking for starting out..

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...646.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.7e093982fx6uqX

stratman likes this.
  2. Sep 26, 2018
    Nifty

Nifty Printer Master Administrator

Printer Model:
    CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
    Interesting!

I disagree!

If someone wants an already assembled printer, I'd still suggest the good ol' Monoprice Select Mini that for only $189 US:
    https://amzn.to/2OaMhYm

It's proven to be a great printer and it's what I started with. At on l $189, it's less than 1/2 the cost of the KINGROON.

If bigger is needed, the CR-10 is super easy to put together, and is still less than the KINGROON.

... just my 2 cents ;)

3. Sep 26, 2018
    The Hat

Printer Model:
    I whole heartily agree with you on the Monoprice Mini, because I wouldn’t have got into 3D printing had I not started on that mini, I didn’t have a clue about anything 3D and having a ready assembled printer to start with was certainly the key.

But like most I grew out of the Monoprice Mini once I had my foot in the 3D door and knew how easy it was to make 3D objects, and with my ignorance waning I started to think bigger and my CR-10 certainly filled the gap.

I posted the KINGROON 3D Printer because it also fills both rolls, it comes assembled and therefore makes it very easy to get started with no experience, and big enough to be future proof.

I don’t reckon I’d buy the KINGROON printer, lovely as it is, because I have a very good printer in the CR-10 that satisfies my every need, and with the Ender 2 as back up I’m comfortable as 3D printer go...
    I reckon @stratman will never be tempted no matter how hard I push him... :th

P.S. A newbie might have problems with the self-assembly CR-10 and give up before they even turn it on, and I reckon we should promote the assembled machines as a better option, just open the box and get struck straight in... :ya

4. Sep 26, 2018
    stratman

stratman Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon MP830, Pencil
    As soon as the toilet paper roll holder breaks... :fl

5. Sep 26, 2018
    The Hat

Printer Model:
    If you wait that long, then you'll be rightly in the S.... :sick

Redbrickman likes this.
  6. Sep 26, 2018
    Nifty

Nifty Printer Master Administrator

Printer Model:
    CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
    Actually, I thought the same, until I realized that even with the MP Select Mini, the skills you need to really get it / keep it working (i.e., smart, technical, and mechanical skills) would be more than sufficient to assemble the CR-10. IMO, if someone doesn't have the skills, and would struggle with assembling the CR-10, they are going to find themselves very frustrated with pretty much ANY 3D printer because all of them require a bit of troubleshooting, tweaking, etc.

7. Oct 10, 2018
    Redbrickman

Redbrickman Printer Master

Printer Model:
    MB5150
    This is my dream machine....one of the best if not the best design around at the moment.. Voron 2.1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InjevEy_DGI

Fully self levelling gantry and fixed bed plate for no hassle printing and a enclosure for printing exotic filaments that need heated chamber. Speeds that are amazing and top quality prints. Even the design of the "tape chain" that carries all the wiring on the gantry and hotend is ingenious, using a 3/4 tape measure with sleeving, light and flexible and not clunky like the 3D printed chains often used in designs.

Extruder is a clever design using 3D printed parts and Bondtech gears.

I'm dreaming while my piggy bank slowly fills up with coins :)