My Next Fast CoreXY Printer : Bambu Labs X1 / P1S Creality K1 Qidi X-MAX 3 ?

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Either the Vorons are that great so large stock is kept, or nobody buys them. I'm amazed that everyone praises vorons but if they are so good, then why everyone selling Kit versions? Not a single respected seller that sells complete printers, tuned and ready to go, with 2Year EU warranty. With normal die cast aluminum parts, or Nylon66 molded parts. Now thousand of Euros for a Kit ? Are you insane? You can trick somebody into building it who does not have any engineering skills, no dial indicators, no knowledge of material structural stability. You can trick somebody who never built or had any mechanical engineering project.
Research, research, research....
Thats why the Internet is so useful. Before shelling out a lot of money the intelligent person does a ton of research, and for instance if interested in Vorons can read how they are put together, follow dozens of vidoes on the build and then decided if they have the skills to actually take on such a project. Anyone with a brain will quickly work out if they are capable of building a complicated project like a Voron or if they need to start wth something a bit simpler and learn skills.

If not then do some more research and buy the best ready built that you can afford.

The frame of these Vorons is flimsy as heck, like russians said, "you must be drunk to desing bending gantry portal".
Have you ever seen the quality of parts turned out by those flimsy voron frames :)
They look pretty good to me.

The praised Bambulab is also full of crap, see their own german forum. They do not print accurate parts that fit one into another. Because its Core XY it can't be compensated either. So for technical stuff what does one use?

Do they use this German crappy printer ?
https://www.conrad.de/de/p/renkforce-pro-6-3d-drucker-2356116.html
https://gzhls.at/blob/ldb/1/e/4/6/b08e30fc2504ebb82884f8503f1981598249.pdf

At lest no CoreXY nonsense on it, so it can be calibrated. Supports PLA, ABS, PETG, TPU, Wood, HIPS, ePA (Nylon), ePA-CF(20 %Carbon Fiber), Bronze, Copper, Steel, Pearl, Aluminium
Don't buy or build CoreXY then - simple... choose something else.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
This video shows bambulab X1C print head wobble after 2 months?

Epatcola

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
various
This video shows bambulab X1C print head wobble after 2 months?
The most popular download on Bambu's Makerworld site is an 87 hour print for a fancy riser to lift one of their AMS units a few inches higher while sitting on top of an X1 or P1 printer. What proportion of X1 and P1 owners have an AMS? What proportion of them were interested enough to download this 87 hour print? I don't know but I am sure both are significantly less than 100%.

That model has more than 75,000 downloads which gives you an idea of how many X1s and P1s Bambu have shipped. If head wobble was any significant problem you think maybe you could find something more than one Russian youtube video complaining about it?

Months and months a ago a few people were reporting this problem and it turned out to be a QC/tolerancing issue with the carrier for the bearing bushes being slightly loose in the head mouldings. The fix was to add a bit of packing between the bush carrier and head moulding. It wasn't a rod or bearing wear problem.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
I thought for 1500eur you would get better support then "add packing tape" but nda agreements make sure those reviews on youtube are not telling the truth. 75000 printers sold? Then where are non influencer videos on youtube about them, youtube would be flooded. I remember i looked at smartphone reviews they are the same way, the better professional video you find the more flawed biased it is. It pays better to lie then tell the truth. The russian guy payed 2x price for that printer because they are not sold to russia, no support or warranty.

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
@Smile - Just interested, is there any printer you think might suit your needs or are they all bad?

Epatcola

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
various
Then where are non influencer videos on youtube about them,
This guy after testing P1Ps against his Prusas decided it was worth the risk of adding another 9 P1Ps to his print farm. Shop Nation.

Tony4597

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Surecolor SC P800
Hope it is ok to add my similar queries to this thread rather than start a new one.

I have very little experience of 3d printing other than a few plays with my Geetech A30 producing simple objects and tools from designs found on Thingiverse.

Everything printed in PLA which has been OK for some objects but failed for others such as those exposed to wet and hot conditions e.g. shower soap trays. Other failures of course but mostly down to my inexperience. Geetech support has been quite useful and responsive when needed.

I am now looking to upgrade my system to enable printing from more exotic filaments such as ABS Nylon, Carbon Fibre etc.

I am really looking for something ready to go (plug and play/pray?) straight from the box and so far have looked at Bambu Labs P1S and Creality K1/K1 Max as contenders sitting somewhere at the top of my budget.
So I would appreciate any thoughts and comments from users of these units and welcome suggestions for alternatives that do not require a full build or too much time spent tinkering.

How useful is Lidar as it seems that some reports suggest it is either not working or as yet not implemented on the Creality K1 max (one a fairly strong rant a Creality)?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I am now looking to upgrade my system to enable printing from more exotic filaments such as ABS Nylon, Carbon Fibre etc.
If you are having problems with quality using PLA on your current printer, I’d suggest you experiment more because there’s no reason why PLA can’t print lots of things that can stand heat and water..

Even if you get a new printer, that won’t solve your problem, not will using other filaments such as ABS and others, in fact that may even make your problems worse, small cheap 3D printers can make items just as good as their more expensive big sisters.. (It uses exactly the same principal only smaller)

Thingiverse are great for all the things you can’t make yourself, but you still need to learn to make your own projects in time, use the Thingiverse objects by all means until you can get them to work the way their suppose too, failure is not acceptable, just keep trying, it will get better.. (It’s best to start small..)

(This was made with PLA)
1704272768680.jpeg

P.S. Not the dog..

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
It seems that I'll be starting the year with one of those 'I.disagree.with.the.Hat' posts. Almost forgot about them. :D

I wouldn’t advice PLA for outdoor prints enduring hot weather and lots of sun. If you lived in Arizona instead of Ireland, the arms of your magnificent 3D lamppost would be sagging almost to ground level. Even in Ireland, I assume that you installed internal metal rods or similar to add enough strength to the structure.
@Tony4597, if you have issues with PLA, you must solve first those problems before trying more challenging stuff. Printing reliably ABS, nylon or CF filaments requires a considerable investment in time (learning curve) and money. Probably much more of the first.

If you were more specific about the kind of problems you had (apart from heat/UV) and the budget you consider for a new printer, we’d be able to give you more accurate information. Don’t expect a free lunch, though. I started 3D because of people here who ‘infected’ me with this virus (and I’m grateful to them for that). Beware nevertheless, when the 3D disease bites hard, there’s little hope of cure. ;)