My new IP3680! :D

chirantha7777

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just bought a IP3680 (IP3600). I spent over an hour fiddling with its paper cartridge thingy to make long.... :/. I hope to use this printer for at least an year without problems.... now please give tips to take care of it... something I learned from the IP3500 is DO NOT TRY TO DISASSEMBLE PRINT HEAD. I couldn't help it so the print head broke in two XD! thats why I had to buy the IP3680.

Is it ok to take the printer to my bed and sleep with it? :lol:

I got it for a special discount.. its the last one in Sri Lanka! I got it for USD 100.

Thanks

leo8088

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
In addition to take it to bed and keep it warm at night print at least a page of something everyday. That's the correct way to spoil your new printer. It will be much happier I guarantee it. Don't use prefilled 3rd party ink cartridges. Don't refill it with unknown quality cheap ink. But I don't know what ink to recommend because you are half a globe away from USA where you can easily buy known quality ink. Don't take apart the print head again. That's a capital punishment to the printer.

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Yes definitely print every couple days or so I buy cheap 4x6 photo paper and just for fun print a picture I take with a camera. It's better than running a cleaning cycle which will fill up the waste ink relatively quick. Strangely enough my stratitec ink plays plays well with third part carts better than canon oem, after refilling I never needed to purge and rinse. Have had no flow issues and no clogs but I did empty and rinse out the carts without even using their ink, I like G&G third party carts half decent ink too but my profile is for stratitec which I have in bulk.