My Image Garden

DrDon65

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 100
I'm loving my Canon Pixma Pro 100. It prints fantastic pictures. This site has a wealth of information and I only wish I found it when I first got the printer a month ago.

Well folks I made the mistake of upgrading my image garden software to my image garden premium and now I understand that it will not let me print with refilled carts that have been reset. Does this also mean that it will not allow me to print with Canon's plugin Print Studio Pro or does it only relate to the use of My Image Garden? If I remove My Image garden premium and reload the standard My image garden will it then allow me to print with refilled carts that have been reset or am I destined to use oem inks. This will let me know if I can use aftermarket inks and a resetter which will make my life a lot more thrifty.

Thanks,
Don

Methodical

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
USA
Wow. I don't know the answer, but that's scary. I'm not familiar with all those additional apps that Canon has for this printer, but have you tried to print with refillable cartridges yet? If so, definitely keep the community updated with the results. If you can't do refillable inks, I would try and find someone that's got one with a bundle and trying to unload it as it would be around the same price for a set of OEM ink cartridges. I just found one on Craiglist for $150.

Al

DrDon65

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 100
Al, It's going to be while before I need to refill my carts and reset them. I wanted to know if I could just remove and reload the original software that came with the printer and get around this obstacle before I ordered the inks and resetter. Don't know if you use Canon's plugin Print Studio Pro in lightroom or photoshop and is that plugin also affected by this.

Don

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
What I can gather from what Canon are trying to do is to put the wind up anyone who dares to refill their cartridges and guess what it’s working, it acts just like their new Firmware does.

Canon introduced this blackmail on some of their smaller printers and then extended to the Pro series, now for the good news and I hope this gets through to everybody, to hell with Canon it doesn’t matter a jot these apps are not needed anyway.

It only effects one or two Canon applications and no others so the likes of Photoshop and light room etc are in no way comprised by their actions and that goes double for any plugs–ins you may want to use in these applications also.

So Happy Refilling.. :D

Methodical

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
USA
That's good to know Hat even though I don't use any of those plug ins - just straight through LR5 and Photoshop. Wait, are those the plug ins?

Don, please report back after you've done a (some) refills.

Al

DrDon65

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 100
Hat, Are you saying that this won't prevent you from printing when you use Canon's Print Studio Pro plugin in lightroom or photoshop when using refilled and reset carts? It's going to be awhile before I need to refill but I want to be ready with ink and a resetter when the time comes but don't want to waste the money on them if it prevents me from printing.

Don

What I can gather from what Canon are trying to do is to put the wind up anyone who dares to refill their cartridges and guess what it’s working, it acts just like their new Firmware does.

Canon introduced this blackmail on some of their smaller printers and then extended to the Pro series, now for the good news and I hope this gets through to everybody, to hell with Canon it doesn’t matter a jot these apps are not needed anyway.

It only effects one or two Canon applications and no others so the likes of Photoshop and light room etc are in no way comprised by their actions and that goes double for any plugs–ins you may want to use in these applications also.

So Happy Refilling.. :D

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
That’s correct no other applications can be affected by Canons attempt at blackmail, otherwise Adobe would have them in court big time..

mawyatt

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro 100
Are you saying that if we use Print Studio Pro in LR and PS that it will detect a refilled cart and not allow you to print from LR or PS?