My CR-10 is also down... !

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Hey @The Hat, where did things end up for you with this swap? Can you post some details here (with any pics, info, help, etc.) for anybody that might stumble on this thread and wonder what happened?

Also, on a side-note: Since I'm a bit of an addict, and it was so cheap, I also just ordered a E3D V6 upgrade for $7! I figured it would be good to have "just in case".

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hey @The Hat, where did things end up for you with this swap? Can you post some details here (with any pics, info, help, etc.) for anybody that might stumble on this thread and wonder what happened
@Nifty, I am not too sure as to which swap your referring too, and that E3D6 upgrade looks very much like the two I got for my printer, it works better than the original, but your going to need some thread compound when assembling it for use.

This is the only stuff I could find, 240 ml bottle, a bit over kill but needs must...

pipe.JPG

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
I was referring to this one:

The hot-end I ordered is very close to the one I had in the printer when I got it, but it has a better heat block and throat and so less likely to fail in the same way and if it does I still have other pieces to make up another two complete units, I also got 3 extra point 4 nozzles.

I didn't notice an update on this thread about the process or results of your replacement

In the other thread you mentioned that you tried ABS again and had problems again. You used the all-metal throat, right? What do you think the issue is this time, especially now that you're using this new hot-end?

Do you think moving to an E3D V6 clone (like the one I got here) would allow you to print ABS with fewer problems?

All that said, I think I'll be sticking with PLA for a while! :hide