MX922 Will not Boot, Copy Light Just Flashes

Charles218

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I last used this printer about 8 months ago, it had the B200 error and I stopped using it. After coming across a new suggestion to fix the B200 error I powered it on by plugging it in. I plug in the power cord, wait a few seconds and can hear the mechanics working for several seconds, then the Copy button light starts to flash on and off. The flashing will go on for a long time, maybe and hour or so, then it stops. At this point the printer is not responsive to any input from any of the buttons. Even when the copy light was flashing, the printer was unresponsive to any other button being pushed, including the On/Off button. The only variation that I have come up with is if I hold the Stop button and then plug the power cord in. Then the amber light, kinda looks like lighting bolt, will come on instead of the flashing copy light. This amber light flashes on and off every 2-3 seconds and will continue indefinitely. Nothing that I can find will cause any other response, though the LCD panel does read "Canon" while the flashing is going on.

Is there anything I can do to bring it back to life?

Charles218

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions on this? If not to get it working, any information on what might be causing the problem. I have a parts unit and if it's not too complicated I could swap out a part or two.

Lawrence

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro 100, Pro 10, Pro 1
Anyone have any suggestions on this? If not to get it working, any information on what might be causing the problem. I have a parts unit and if it's not too complicated I could swap out a part or two.
Try turning off you internet network, especially the Wi-Fi and see if your printer will start up normally. It’s worth a shot

Latest posts