MP990 error 6C10

mrelmo

Print Addict
Reaction score
printer is not working uggggh, error code 6C10 turn power off then on, if it does not work refer to manual, well the manual has no info on the error code, turned printer off and on several times no luck, pulled cartridges, print head and reinstalled, all cartridges light up, communication appears to be fine, even when you attempt to scan everything goes good until it gets to the printing then the error code pops up has anyone come across this code, one fix i found on the net said power down open then power up but no luck

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
If you do a search on 6c10 you will get lots of hits. Why don't you go through the all and see if any of them apply?

mrelmo

Print Addict
Reaction score
ok after trying several suggestions here is the one that worked
1 turn off printer
2 press and hold resume button (triangle inside circle)
3 while resume held down, hold down the power button
4 keep the power button held down, release the resume button and then press it twice
5 release the power button
6 press the resume button 4 times and then press the power button right away
7 turn off the printer, then turn it back on

i believe this condition came about, due to a power interruption while the printer was on, however it did not effect my 4200

mrelmo

Print Addict
Reaction score
no i didn't but it appears that it might be for the ink pad reset as that is what several people stated, it did appear to go into service mode while doing the reset, so if anyone has a list of service mode options for a MP990 (or i would think all modes for the MP series might be the same) would be very handy

mrelmo

Print Addict
Reaction score
6C10 error has returned, can not clear it, i am not liking this refurb MP640 it is now out of warranty and i don't have the time to play with it right now but i am glad i didn't put away my 4200

mrelmo

Print Addict
Reaction score
canon tech says the 6C10 error is for a mechanical issue not a ink waste pad issue, they are going to replace the printer as it is still under warranty