MP830 - Looking for detailed disassembly instructions

jimbo123

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
MP830 MP980
FYI, the 63,000 page printer does still print. it's scanner died so its just waiting for a scanner unit to be dropped in, so to keep on printing.

that's the 830 that i changed the waste pads at 37,000 pages
http://www.printerknowledge.com/thr...-pad-replacement-at-37-000-pages-w-pics.7646/

not sure if these have helped my longevity numbers, but passing them anyway, see below:

- i only one set of carts, so other then refilling time they remain in the printer, so no time to dry out

- i set printer to use QUIET mode, take a little longer to print, so may be easier on the print head temps

J

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
• Active Printers: MP830, MP980, PRO-100
• Stored Printers: MP830, IP4500, MX700, MX860, MX870
• Method: German Durchstich Method
• Ink: Hobbicolors and OCP
• Misc: Squeeze bottles - so much easier than syringes

canon-do

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Brother DCP-L3551CDW
Thanks, guys. More specifically, in order:

jimbo123: Thanks for Trigger's address. We've been talking. I'm just now trying to establish what his instructions comprise.

stratman: As I said earlier, I'd already cleaned the printhead before I first posted. Re your suggestion about filling cartridges with 'original formula Windex with Ammonia-D', it's a product we don't get in New Zealand. There are others on the NZ market that I suspect will be a similar formulation but I've no way of knowing if it matches your Windex.

So, to return to my question about rinsing the purge area by flushing with cartridges filled with water or other material, has anyone else tried this? I read a post about this, somewhere online. I thought it was here on Printer Knowledge, but perhaps I was mistaken.