MP810 Error codes B200 and 5020---New Printhead.

kidjedi

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I am experiencing this same problem.

I purchased what was advertised and looked to me like a genuine Canon ink cartridge from Buy.com (PGI-8M) When I installed it in my MP810, the printer shut down and would not power up... at all.

I was out of town for five days, and when I returned it would at least power up, but now I get the B200 error (only for a split second) and then the screen states: "Error 5020 Release the scanner lock switch and turn the power off and back on."

The scanner lock switch is clearly in the unlocked position, but I tried all combos of power up and down and moving the on-off switch to be sure.

I've searched and searched but can't seem to find a solution. If someone has found a solution to this problem, please post it here! Thanks.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
kidjedi said:
I am experiencing this same problem.

I purchased what was advertised and looked to me like a genuine Canon ink cartridge from Buy.com (PGI-8M) When I installed it in my MP810, the printer shut down and would not power up... at all.

I was out of town for five days, and when I returned it would at least power up, but now I get the B200 error (only for a split second) and then the screen states: "Error 5020 Release the scanner lock switch and turn the power off and back on."

The scanner lock switch is clearly in the unlocked position, but I tried all combos of power up and down and moving the on-off switch to be sure.

I've searched and searched but can't seem to find a solution. If someone has found a solution to this problem, please post it here! Thanks.
I don't know if you meant a "CLI-8" or a "PGI-5" cartridge for your MP810, but the errors you experienced seem to be more than what the average hobbyist can fix. No one here seems to know what the issue is or the fix. It may mean a trip to your local Cano printer repair shop or a new printer.

Maybe one of you with this problem will figure it out and let the forum know. I'm sure we will be seeing these error codes again from other printers as the months roll by.