MP780 on sale on ebay for $165

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Wow, let's hear no more complaints about the new chipped Canon cartridges. Global Phoenix Direct has dozens of refurbished in unopened boxes MP780 printers for sale on eBay. The Buy-It-Now price is $165 and ships to the Americas, Europe, and Australia for $49. They have a 90-day Canon warranty and come with all cartridges and a USB cable. This printer can also copy, scan, and fax and uses one BCI-3e pigment black and four BCI-6 CMYK cartridges. Don't pass this up. This is a fantastic all-in-one printer.

This printer originally sold for $300 and got down to $200 at closeout.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
I've got a few refurbished i560's in my garage. Same brown box with black print. Yes, this does sound like a great opportunity... my only reservation is that with the all-in-ones there are potentially more issues that could have been missed during the refurb process. If they had these at a local store I'd buy one and maybe tack on an extended warranty to cover my bases.

klubber

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I bid $142 and got one of these. I have been offered a three year service for $20 and will take it. Thanks for the heads up.

jtl

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
klubber,
I bought one a month ago and the first one wouldn't print color. Canon was really good about shipping out another refrub plus a new set of carts (you get to keep the ones from the original printer). I thought the shipping was a joke at $49, but no choice. I did a little research on the ext warranty and ended up getting it. However there have been complaints about this company. My guess is that if you have a claim it will take some effort to get everything resolved, but for me it wouldn't be the first time. Good Luck with your purchase, I like mine.
John

jtl

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Update. If anyone has a warranty claim on a 780 it is going to be replaced with an 830. Apparently Canon has run out of 780 refurbs. If people are buying these on ebay for more money than the 830 can be purchased for they should be aware of this.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Yeah, that's my worry with the 2 year extended "trade in" warranty I got at Fry's Electronics with my MP750. I bought it before they started chipping carts, so now, even if my printhead broke I don't know if I'd return my printer or just buy a new printhead.

jtl

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I will say this. Canon customer service is the best I have ever experienced.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Yup, for the general questions I've sent them via email they have done an excellent job replying... even on weekends.

Although I've never had to deal with them regarding a printer / print head return.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Didn't want to make a new thread, but the ip4300 is on sale at Staples for about $70 after rebates. Less than the cost of the ink carts. Not a bad deal for anyone who will be refilling their carts, even with the Canon disclaimer that pops up.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
fotofreek said:
ip4300 is on sale at Staples for about $70 after rebates.
MUST RESIST.... can't.... buy.... another.... printer!!!! :p