MP780 disassembly

kmccabe56

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Trigger 37

ebay no longer displays the listing number you mentioned for your repair manual, nor do I see anything listed that looks like it.

Are you still offering the manual? Is there a current ebay listing number ? Can the manual be purchased directly?

THanks,

Kevin McCabe

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
The official service manual doesn't help.

There is a german site with illustrated instructions on how to dissasemble the MP750/MP780 to replace the waste pads. I have successfully followed the instructions using Google translate. They are quite easy in the beginning and get a little more complicated in the end. I don't remember the URL, I hope someone will post it -- otherwise I'll post it in a few days.

It's important to take some photos of the pads before you remove them; they are quite a lot and considering the time (days) required to clean and dry them you would forget their positions.

Trigger 37

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Kevin, I've stop selling my manuals on eBay because so many people have contacted me directly. As you can see from the information in this thread, I have not had the oppertuity to take apart a MP780 printer. However I have worked with several other people on the MP780. As several of the posts above mention the Germany web site, I was able to obtain all of the detailed images for the complete dissassembly of the MP780. Once you get the covers off the inside guts are very similar to the iP4200 printer. I have created a combanational manual that combines the MP730, the iP4200, and all of the detailed pictures of the MP780 from Germany. I have also re-labeled the images in english to make them more understandable.

I also have the complete Canon Service Manuals and the Parts Catalogs for the MP780 that I combine with my basic Canon Repair, cleaning, ink refilling, and Maintenance Manuals. This is not the idea package, which I would have made if I had a MP780 in my hands to repair,...but it is the very next best thing. If you are interested, just send me an email on my provided link. I still work via PayPal.