MP540 "error 6c10"

passenger

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I bought this printer more than one year ago (warranty expired), it worked great until this "error 6c10" occurred on lcd few months ago when trying to print or copy, although I used genuine canon cartridges.
After that, I noticed that printer does more cleaning cycles so more expensive ink is sucked in the purge unit, so I refilled cartridges with non-oem ink, but error still occasionally occurs.
I asked Canon support about this and they said something about "valve sensor in purge unit".
As I've read somewhere, I checked purge unit place with flashlight but didn't see any paper pieces or something like that.
Printing works fine except occasionally error blocks entire printer.

Any help before sending to service?
I suppose it is a hardware problem, not software?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
passenger..

Get a new printer; it would be cheaper then wasting all that canon ink..

Nita

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Don't know if you've found an answer to this problem yet, but I had the same issue for about three months. Finally, I found a solution that worked for my MX860 on fixya.com written by "pineworks". The link is as follows: http://www.fixya.com/support/t4097826-aborber_full_error_message

For months, I've had to power off, disconnect from computer, and power on again to kick-start the printing. It was driving me crazy. So far, "pineworks" solution has been a permanent one. Been about a week and have had no problems yet.